Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
...but I prefer to have a destination in mind doing that. It could be an escarpment, a mountain hut or a nice camp ground, just something to aim for.
Which is where Pat C started, but now moving in to I think, having to 'prove' the Amarok for his sponsors.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.
Old 5 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
Which is where Pat C started, but now moving in to I think, having to 'prove' the Amarok for his sponsors.
You may be right, but I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Some viewers are interested in the touring / travel guide market, who want to see the country and aren't too fussed about passing by the tougher tracks.

Other viewers are more interested in tackling the tougher tracks, those who want to be able to drive whatever track is between them and their intended destination. Those who remember the Pat Callinan who built "Otis", the monster Suzuki:

I think he leaned too far towards the "touring" group, and he's attempting to draw back some of the more hard-core group. Ultimately, he can please some of the viewers all of the time, and all of the viewers some of the time, but he can't please all of the viewers all of the time.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Seeing everyone is hating on these shows that are being made - How about we set up a section here in the forum where those that can do better can link their youtube channels and we can all watch them... (No critique of course, because they are not celebrities or have big budgets etc)

There are a couple of guys on here that are not afraid to post videos and I don't mind watching their efforts when they post them, some are really great in fact...
Sure, they don't have the polished finish, the brilliant editing, the cinematography, the countless locations or the big budgets... but they are enjoyable to watch all the same..

So rather than hate on those out there giving it a go and providing us with some free (albeit subsidised by sponsor plugs) content that is often quite enjoyable to watch - let us see your awesome home made videos with the old iPhone etc (Please remember - DO NOT FILM IN PORTRAIT MODE).....

My Shorty Build up ---> http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=19201
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post
So rather than hate on those out there giving it a go .
I don't see anyone hating anything. Comments are far different to hate posts.

I don't play AFL but I'm allowed to make a comment on the state of the game.
2015 NX GLS, MM Lockup Mate. Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 4 Days Ago

Yeah, Can't say I see any hate particularly. Just personal opinion on the content subject matter.

I'll still sit and watch just about any of them, though Patriot Games I've turned off a few times recently. Personally I'd rather be out there driving, touring and camping however personal circumstances stop that from happening so these shows are the next best thing and feed my imagination. Just that some do it better than others.

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.
Old 2 Days Ago

I have no interest in the shows, nor the accessory market. I get out & do my thing with what works for me, which is pretty basic & I'm actually out there travelling remote areas quite a bit.

These shows are aimed at those who think you have to lift, snorkle, roof basket, light bar, suspension upgrade, highlift jack, long handled spade their cars but never really leave suburbia & there are thousands of them!

It's a massive market! There are millions being spent on gear that'll never get used every year.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Having Fun View Post
These shows are aimed at those who think you have to lift, snorkle, roof basket, light bar, suspension upgrade, highlift jack, long handled spade their cars but never really leave suburbia & there are thousands of them
Disagree completely.
2015 NX GLS, MM Lockup Mate. Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.