• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Yeah, sorry, I was looking at the 3.2L Paj, not the Sport. Looks OK but you won't know until you hook it up I guess.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• PajeroRD
      • Dec 2019
      • Croydon Park

Originally posted by marlin1856 View Post
      Just ordered mine from the Bay and will post my thoughts once paired with the idrive.
      Hey Marlin, how did you go with this I'm looking at them online $64 with a 5 year warranty!!

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

EGR delete

Get one from this guy.

Crispmods makes them for Munji. But they are cheaper. $77 posted. Identical product. You’re welcome.

Munji website even says as much: “This is the full collection of the original modules developed by Crispmods.”

Edit: Pajero Sport link: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132281637348

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 06-05-20, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• marlin1856
          • Apr 2013
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by PajeroRD View Post
          Hey Marlin, how did you go with this I'm looking at them online $64 with a 5 year warranty!!
          Yep had it for a while and wouldnt drive a PS without it, drops the l/100 from 9 to 7.5 on average. Dont hesitate definitely worth every cent.
          2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• Okayest dad
            • Oct 2019
            • Orange

Hey, so anybody that is using the EGR delete noticing any problems at all? Overheating? Error codes? Power loss etc?Picking up a 17' model Pajero Sport with low Ks this week but wanting to get on top of the intake gunk build up issue asap. Im thinking catch can and EGR delete are a good start....possibly some oil and diesel additives too for on going care.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2019
              • Victoria

Originally posted by Okayest dad View Post
              Picking up a 17' model Pajero Sport with low Ks this week but wanting to get on top of the intake gunk build up issue asap. Im thinking catch can and EGR delete are a good start....possibly some oil and diesel additives too for on going care.

Catch can is a good idea. But where have you heard of Pajero sport having intake issues?
              2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Okayest dad
                • Oct 2019
                • Orange

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
                Catch can is a good idea. But where have you heard of Pajero sport having intake issues?
                Not specifically the Pajero sport. Just the general issues that every seems to be talking about with EGR. The combination of oil and vapor going through the EGR ends up gunking up the inlet manifold which causes power loss, overheating etc.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Victoria

Originally posted by Okayest dad View Post
                  Not specifically the Pajero sport. Just the general issues that every seems to be talking about with EGR. The combination of oil and vapor going through the EGR ends up gunking up the inlet manifold which causes power loss, overheating etc.

The 4N15 has it sorted. I have seen many 120000+ motors with no blockages.

EGR delete on this model would be a waste of time
                  2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• Okayest dad
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Orange

Originally posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
                    The 4N15 has it sorted. I have seen many 120000+ motors with no blockages.

EGR delete on this model would be a waste of time
                    I'm starting to think just stick with a good catch can. Unfortunately my PS will have a lot of short stop start driving (10 minutes to work and shops kinda thing). I was just trying to keep on top of things early so I didnt have problems later down the track.

Comment

• ron.dunn
                      • Jul 2019
                      • Central Victoria

I took my Munji cable off some time ago.

The engine had been "rattling" a little under light load, after removal it sounded much smoother.

Still waiting for a few more long trips to assess the difference in fuel consumption. I can say that the trip computer shows slightly higher consumption, but I want to check that against pump figures.
                      Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                        • Jan 2016
                        • Adelaide

I have a catch-can - and given the results (residue to drain), pleased I did!

I fitted the EGR-delete cable for a tank - economy display showed improvement but not reflected in the tank! Have removed again.
                        2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                          • Jan 2016
                          • Adelaide

Hope some can confirm (appreciate your help):

I have been doing some data aquisition with dual battery systems on the Pajero Sport - looking at Smart Alternator activities.

I run a catch-can but not EGR 'delete' (using the plug in module). As an experiment, I connected the module yesterday and it has seriously impacted my smart alternator activity.

As standard, the vehicle spends a lot of time around the 12.1V except when braking or decellerating (good cranking battery state of charge). After connecting the Munji, the vehicle spends most of its time around the 14.1V (down to 13.5V). This is with lights off, of course (where smart alternator equipped vehicles will kick up to 13.5V with lights On).

If you have an EGR delete fitted to your vehicle (allegedly), can you please let me know what alternator voltage you 'mainly' see? I will be going back to standard to continue my testing.

Thanks in advance!
                          2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• BillS
                            • Jan 2020
                            • Holbrook NSW

I see around 14V with cable installed and dual battery. Was about the same without cable from memory.

Bill
                            2019 PS Black edition. ECB Bull bar, Boo's sump guards and King springs F&R.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                              • Jan 2016
                              • Adelaide

Thanks Bill,

Would be interested to hear from anyone with the Munji (or other EGR 'delete') who see running voiltage below 13.5V - I suspect this is a side effect of the temperature 'fudge' that is taking place....

Comment

• MatthewP
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2014
                                • North of Brisbane

I vaguely recall that there was a similar issue with the smart alternator voltages on The Holden Colorado when they switched to the 2.8 engine.

The Resistor in the EGR disabling cables, makes the ECU think the intake air temp is very cold, and below the threshold for activating the EGR.

Now with the Smart Alternators, the ECU thinking that it's near freezing outside, means the ECU is trying to put extra charge into a cold battery.

They way they bypassed it on the Colorado, was that someone designed a box with an Arduino board in it.

EGR blanking plates were installed to stop the egr flow and the box took the MAF flow readings, and adjusted them so the ecu saw the expected drop in MAF flow readings when the EGR activated.

The box plugged into both the MAF sensor and the Electric EGR sensor, to get the commanded EGR opening amount for the adjustments.

I can't remember what the guy ended up calling them, i think it was something like 'egr fuel trim adjuster'

It was over on the 4wd action forums, but they have been disabled now, so I can't go digging over there for info for you guys.

It's a great reminder why this forum needs the Ads, how much information could be lost if this forum disappeared.

Matt

Edit.

I remembered that the EGR mapper was designed initally for the Ford Ranger.

I had a quick Google and came up with Ozbush Electronics Manual Mapper.

I have no idea if this guy is still making these things, or even if the EGR is monitored the same way on your engines, but it gives another direction to look in for EGR blanking, if you are concerned with alternator voltages
                                Last edited by MatthewP; 24-10-20, 10:29 AM.
                                05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X