• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amec
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Wamberal

Odd thing occured today

Started the car up this morning and drove off.

Radio kept turning itself off and on. Pulled up and opened a door. Interior light flickering.

Stopped the engine and restarted and seems ok.

Plugged the OBD tool in, no fault codes showing.

Restart and the OBD tool show as 10.6 volts for 20 seconds perhaps. Then built up quickly to 13.8 volts.

Drove around for a further 40 minutes and no recurrence.

Anyone else had something similar happen?
    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
  • ilikeachallenge
    • Feb 2017
    • victoria

Originally posted by amec View Post
    Started the car up this morning and drove off.

Radio kept turning itself off and on. Pulled up and opened a door. Interior light flickering.

Stopped the engine and restarted and seems ok.

Plugged the OBD tool in, no fault codes showing.

Restart and the OBD tool show as 10.6 volts for 20 seconds perhaps. Then built up quickly to 13.8 volts.

Drove around for a further 40 minutes and no recurrence.

Anyone else had something similar happen?
    Yes this happened to me about 2 years ago with the radio coming on and off.
    I did video it but have deleted it from my phone.I may have it on the laptop and if so I will post it up if I find it.

Its never done it since.From memory it did it a few times over a week or so at the time.

Not sure if it threw codes as I don't have a reader.
    Last edited by ilikeachallenge; 13-10-18, 03:46 PM.
    2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I can't say I've had this happen, but I'd be suspecting a loose connection somewhere.

Start with removing, cleaning and tightening the terminals on your starter battery, then see what happens.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• amec
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Wamberal

Negative terminal was minimally loose.
        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X