• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Sat nav updates

The NRMA Media Centre houses current and archived media releases, so NRMA Members, the media, and the general public can access them.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

One way or another the car manufacturers make sure they are bleeding you as much as they can. Some more than others.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
      • Apr 2015
      • Jamisontown NSW

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      One way or another the car manufacturers make sure they are bleeding you as much as they can. Some more than others.
      Not sure if this is legal....Hyundai owners get sat-nav updates free of charge for the first three years of ownership but only with a dealership service, otherwise the update cost is $149

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Free updates for how long?

Interesting link - it suggests Mitsubishi leads the way, but is it correct?

The article says:
        "MY13 or newer Mitsubishis are fitted with the company’s Multi Communication System (MMCS) which come with two complimentary updates a year."

This implies the free updates continue for years - or have I misunderstood?

My understanding, from my dealer's advice & as mentioned by other forum members, is that there are only 2 annual complimentary updates with the MMCS MY13 and charges apply after that. (I had my first update successfully done in March).

Can anyone confirm what the article suggests? Perhaps MMAL may wish to clarify as they are now on the forum?
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• starfungi
          • May 2014
          • Wollongong

I have just had my update done . To do it they had to do a pretend update for before the Ist 12 months is up { Dec 2014} from date of warranty/Ist registered. they could do my update as it was not done in July 2014 when I requested it as they said " go to service dept pay for the update and we will install it for you - $300 please", I refused and then went back in April 2015 with the request again. REquest accepted bring it in with the warranty recall - still same - not done - takes too long bring it back at next service and When you supply the update we will fit. I refused and then contacted the original dealer in Esperance who supplied me with details of the relevant document indicating the FREE updates. After a long discussion when he was dismissed by my dealer as wrong- he phoned me and said - how do you deal with these clowns. Sorry but take this document into them and jump up and down until they do it. This I did. Because they did not do it last July I have now only been allowed to have these two updates even though they were done at the same day!!!!! So That's IT

Brian

9dec
          Stock Pajero NW VRX Auto with Airbags . Swift Explorer 584 with movers, HazardMate Prototype

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by starfungi View Post
            I have just had my update done . To do it they had to do a pretend update for before the Ist 12 months is up { Dec 2014} from date of warranty/Ist registered. they could do my update as it was not done in July 2014 when I requested it as they said " go to service dept pay for the update and we will install it for you - $300 please", I refused and then went back in April 2015 with the request again. REquest accepted bring it in with the warranty recall - still same - not done - takes too long bring it back at next service and When you supply the update we will fit. I refused and then contacted the original dealer in Esperance who supplied me with details of the relevant document indicating the FREE updates. After a long discussion when he was dismissed by my dealer as wrong- he phoned me and said - how do you deal with these clowns. Sorry but take this document into them and jump up and down until they do it. This I did. Because they did not do it last July I have now only been allowed to have these two updates even though they were done at the same day!!!!! So That's IT

Brian

9dec
            MM has some serious issues with some of its dealers. They probably couldn't give a shit...they are still making money and as usual the customer will always be played for an idiot.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Smallfry
              • Apr 2014
              • Bowen Qld

Brian,

What version have you got loaded?
              I just had my 12 mth service and still have the 2013-A
              1st anniversary is in a couple of weeks, so will have to go back again
              2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress

Comment

• MadBison
                • Jun 2015
                • Australia

FYI, I took delivery of a new NX a week ago and it has 2014a. Dealer says that is the latest and they are expecting the next version any moment now.
                Pajero NX

Comment

• starfungi
                  • May 2014
                  • Wollongong

Originally posted by smallfry View Post
                  brian,

what version have you got loaded?
                  I just had my 12 mth service and still have the 2013-a
                  1st anniversary is in a couple of weeks, so will have to go back again
                  2014a
                  Stock Pajero NW VRX Auto with Airbags . Swift Explorer 584 with movers, HazardMate Prototype

Comment

• liam
                    • Feb 2008
                    • chadstone

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                    Interesting link - it suggests Mitsubishi leads the way, but is it correct?

The article says:
                    "MY13 or newer Mitsubishis are fitted with the company’s Multi Communication System (MMCS) which come with two complimentary updates a year."

This implies the free updates continue for years - or have I misunderstood?

My understanding, from my dealer's advice & as mentioned by other forum members, is that there are only 2 annual complimentary updates with the MMCS MY13 and charges apply after that. (I had my first update successfully done in March).

Can anyone confirm what the article suggests? Perhaps MMAL may wish to clarify as they are now on the forum?
                    hi

Vehicles equipped with second generation MMCS units are entitled to two free map updates during the vehicle’s lifetime up to 12 and 24 months respectively from delivery of the vehicle from delivery.

Comment

• goog1948
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Singleton NSW

Navigation systems australia

Just received a notification by NSW used to be called fair trading now called Finance Services & innovation warning not to have anything to do with Navigation systems Australia - they are based in UK and when the software doesn't work are not giving refunds . Anyone that has had contact and unable to resolve NSW Fair trading on 133220

Comment

• BellthorpePajDriver
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Bellthorpe

Hello all, I just had my map updated as part of the two free updates. We bought our november 14 manufacture GLS new in April last year. It was loaded with the 2013A version. It now has the 2015A version, the dealership said that version only arrived recently. One more free update left, and has to be installed within two years of our taking delivery.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X