• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobthekelpy
    • Apr 2019
    • Melbourne

MM OEM Nudge Bar spacer diemsnions

I recently picked up a second hand OEM nudge bar. It is missing the lower mounting bolts and spacers. Now, obviously sourcing the bolts is no trouble as a thread on here had the PDF of the mounting instructions with the parts list etc, but this list omits the spacers as a itemised part.

Does anyone know, or can measure the dimensions of the spacers? I primarily need the length and OD. I can then just get a local Engineering shop to make them for me or see what else I can find suitable.

It's going onto a NT.
    2010 NT GLS
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Difficult to measure on the car - from memory I'd think about 35 to 40mm long.

Outside diameter probably about 16mm.

You could use a bit of metal pipe/tube.
    They are a bit fiddly to fit, even with the correct parts - much easier if you have a second person to assist.

I will try to have a look on the car later today to get more accurate measurements if I can.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• bobthekelpy
      • Apr 2019
      • Melbourne

Thanks, Spot01.

I have some round tube in both steel and aluminium in the shed, but it's only thin walled stuff; 2mm? I sort of felt it would be too thin for this application. What I can make out from images and the PDF, the spacers seem to be pretty thick walled.
      2010 NT GLS

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by bobthekelpy View Post
        Thanks, Spot01.

I have some round tube in both steel and aluminium in the shed, but it's only thin walled stuff; 2mm? I sort of felt it would be too thin for this application. What I can make out from images and the PDF, the spacers seem to be pretty thick walled.
        They are thick walled, but from memory I think they are aluminium, not steel.
        I would think decent steel tube would do the job, perhaps water pipe if you can get the right size? Bunnings sell galv water pipe joiners, etc. that might do, if not to big - the main issue is where they go through the holes in the factory bash plate, as they need to have a bit of "wriggle room" to be able to get it all to line up.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

Pulled one off to measure
          Length = 37mm
          OD - 22mm
          ID = 10mm
          Made out of Ali by the look and feel of it
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by dhula View Post
            Length = 37mm
            OD - 22mm
            ID = 10mm
            A trip to Bunnings and you should be able to find threaded rod joiner that is close enough to those dimensions.

Maybe the M12 or M14 versions of these

You could also add a washer to one or both ends too
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• dhula
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • South of Perth

Here is a couple of other ideas

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-...-pipe_p4700245 Would need to be cut down to size

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-...ocket_p4700036 A couple of washers (maybe body washers) at either end would work to make up the length
              2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
              2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• bobthekelpy
                • Apr 2019
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by dhula View Post
                Length = 37mm
                OD - 22mm
                ID = 10mm

Legend! Thanks for doing that.
                2010 NT GLS

Comment

• bobthekelpy
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Melbourne

Thank you to dhula and geopaj too. Great suggestions. I was already looking at the hex couplers, as I've got a couple laying around already, but yeah, would still need to add washers to get the correct clearance. Was also just thinking a stack of M8 x 20mm washers may work fine too.
                  2010 NT GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X