• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wazza999
    • Jun 2018
    • Canberra

Tech chemical vulcanising fluid

Has anyone been able to source Tech chemical vulcanising fluid in the small 10mL tubes (Cat no. 767) in the last few months? Foillowing OJ's recommendation in previous posts I have been trying to source Tech Tyre Repair products, the Australian distributor is a Repco company 'Tech Tyre Repair Products' but they are trade/distributors and do not sell to the public not via their website anyway. So far I have managed to source plugs through Repco but not the vulcanising fluid. I've tried two Canberra Repco outlets who can find it in their catalogue but seem unable to supply the product. There is also a company in Brisbane, RLM distributors that also list Tech Tyre Repairs products but I suspect there are not a retail operation, I have enquired via their website but I don't expect any luck. Probably a Covid related supply issue. Ebay is no use, sometimes you see it listed from USA sellers but the freight is prohibitive and it may be rated as a dangerous good because of the solvent. Fortunately just organising myself for a 2021 trip, but it shows you why so need to begin preparation six months plus in advance.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

I source my Tech gear vis the local Repco, they order what I need and when. Stock I have needed has been ex warehouse. I have a Trade account but I see no reason why they couldn’t do an order for anyone.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

I take it that stuff is better than other vulcanising cements?

Is it worth talking to a bike shop? I know they seem to sell a lot of tyre repair gear

Comment

• Wazza999
        • Jun 2018
        • Canberra

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        I source my Tech gear vis the local Repco, they order what I need and when. Stock I have needed has been ex warehouse. I have a Trade account but I see no reason why they couldn’t do an order for anyone.

OJ.
        Thanks OJ, I suspect as a trade customer they take a bit more interest. I've tried two stores over three months, promises to order and get back but in the end no further communication. Frustrating, there are about two more within a reasonable distance so I'll have another go.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

I tell ya what, the old pushbike shop idea could be a winner!
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Wazza999
            • Jun 2018
            • Canberra

I also posted the query on MySwag. This prompted a member to query their local Repco store to be told that it can't be supplied any longer something to do with solvent sniffing, but looking on the REMA site there is stuff about CFC free fluid, so this this may be the real reason. Perhaps members with some knowledge of tyre repair products could advise if Rema cold vulcanising fluid (SVS VULC) or special vulcanising cement (SC BL) would work. At the moment unfortunately I appear to have done my dough, as I purchased a box of Flow seal inserts $70/50 with the chemical vulcanising fluid being shipped from another Repco store with stock, but no show. REMA have an alternative repair system with brown strings that look a lot like the usual 'wax' and a cold vulcanising cement. Not sure if this suffers from the same issue of tyre repairers refusing to repair once these have been used.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X