Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 20-01-17

Default Spare wheel carrier HELP!!

Hello all!
I need some serious help with what people have used to carry spare tyres
I have a 2011 Challenger PB with a long range tank put where the spare goes. I have been trying to work out where to now put the spare;
1. Inside - won't happen as I loose to much space
2. Front bull bar - well it is just simply illegal now
3. Roof - too much weight
4. Rear bar - BINGO!!! But I am having trouble to find bars to go on the back to carry it, tried Kaymar ($3,500!!) and all others apparently don't fit. I have been thinking about fabricating myself but worry about damaging the factory bar.
Anyway, I am sure one of you has done some research which has led to a reasonable solution, so please fire away!!!!!
Old 20-01-17
Valued Member

found this on the search

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=33599

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 20-01-17
Valued Member

Yeah its a tricky problem with the lift up tailgates that everyone likes these days.

Front and bonnet mounts are illegal, roof is best left for temporary use imo.

This only leaves interior and a rear bar. Short of getting one fabricated, the only production rear bar I know of is the Kaymar.
Old 20-01-17

these guys may be able to assist:

http://www.raslarr.com.au/
Old 20-01-17

There is a guy on the Challenger Owners Facebook page that just recently had a rear bar/wheel carrier custom made in Queensland. Can't remember the name of the company but it was just an independent fabrication place. Bar looks really good, has twin wheel carriers and was cheaper than Kaymar.
SOLD - 2012 PB Challenger LS Manual|BFG KO2 245/70/17|Opposite Lock Premium Bullbar|Kings Domin8r X Winch|HID Driving Lights|Ultimate Suspension Lift|Safari Snorkel|Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guard|Mitsubishi Towbar|Extended Diff Breathers|GME UHF|SPV EGR Mod|Provent Catch Can|Drifta Drawers
Old 20-01-17

Do you ha e a link?
Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.
Old 20-01-17
Valued Member

here is the facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9780...84713871496241

and the owner is josh farmer https://www.facebook.com/josh.farmer.940 of the car and
yes there 33" tyres

the fabricators are

https://www.facebook.com/CustomPrado...PAGES_TIMELINE
Jacks Diesel & Custom Fabrication
My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.
Old 20-01-17

That's the one, thanks coughy.
SOLD - 2012 PB Challenger LS Manual|BFG KO2 245/70/17|Opposite Lock Premium Bullbar|Kings Domin8r X Winch|HID Driving Lights|Ultimate Suspension Lift|Safari Snorkel|Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guard|Mitsubishi Towbar|Extended Diff Breathers|GME UHF|SPV EGR Mod|Provent Catch Can|Drifta Drawers
Old 20-01-17
Valued Member

so how's that rear view obstruction ... hopes it will be let go by the boys in blue

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 21-01-17

If you're referring to vision through the rear window, it doesn't matter. No different to having the cargo area packed up to the roof. Just need to ensure rearward vision down the sides of the vehicle isn't obstructed, which from the pictures doesn't appear to be.