Clear All
  • dbomba
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Homebase Sydney

My Two Bobs Worth

My comments:
    Thumbs Up:
    This forum has some great people and some great characters.
    Some great advice, some great help, and some great comments
    and some great laughs.
    Like most on the site I throw my two bobs worth in where I can.
    Certainly a lot of genuine people, and to you I say thanks!

Thumbs Down:
    To the ones that have sent me private messages or emails
    requesting if I can supply further info to them.
    (all of which I have replied to, and usually the same day).
    This in itself does not warrant the "thumbs down".
    What does warrant it, is the lack of any manners.
    No Hi, No Name, and then, No Thanks.

I guess I am not the first, nor will I be the last person who has experienced this impoliteness resulting from ignorance.
    Daryl = DBT
    Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
    Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Just wondering why this one has been thrown in here Daryl. Obviously someone has pressed your button .
    Don't let the bad PM's and email phase you, I get my share as well.
    Sometimes don't even bother to reply.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• dbomba
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Homebase Sydney

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      Just wondering why this one has been thrown in here Daryl. Obviously someone has pressed your button .
      Don't let the bad PM's and email phase you, I get my share as well.
      Sometimes don't even bother to reply.
      Dave
      Hey, I dont mind lending a helping hand at all, and do reply to those that ask for some advice or info. Most people appreciate some help, I certainly do when I ask, and will say thanks.

No one has pressed my buttons.

What surprises me is that someone can make the effort to send a PM or email, yet cant put a intro or a name to it, or a thanks.

I think it is just bad manners when people cant acknowledge it.
      I put this on, hoping that the few who do the
      " hey, send me some info on" (whatever). can understand that some manners does go a long way.
      This is a great site, and it does have a lot of terrific people on it.
      Regards
      Daryl
      DBT

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by dbomba View Post

What surprises me is that someone can make the effort to send a PM or email, yet cant put a intro or a name to it, or a thanks.

I think it is just bad manners when people cant acknowledge it.
        I put this on, hoping that the few who do the
        " hey, send me some info on" (whatever). can understand that some manners does go a long way.
        This is a great site, and it does have a lot of terrific people on it.
        Regards
        Daryl
        DBT
        Hi Daryl,

If you're an old pr**k like me, you would have noticed, the above you mention, went out the door years ago. Along with, spelling, grammar and being civil, to each other.
        As far as PM's and the like go, I'm very surprised, with a few I've received, why can't it have been said on the wider forum.
        Talking about doors, remember the days, when you left your back door unlocked and open. Never had to worry about people snooping around.
        How things have changed, some things for the better, I might add. But, I do remember when I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof, maybe, I wasn't that courteous to people either??
        Last edited by Silver Streak; 16-01-11, 03:41 PM.
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• dbomba
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Homebase Sydney

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
          Hi Daryl,

If you're an old pr**k like me, you would have noticed, the above you mention, went out the door years ago. Along with, spelling, grammar and being civil, to each other.
          As far as PM's and the like go, I'm very surprised, with a few I've received, why can't it have been said on the wider forum.
          Talking about doors, remember the days, when you left your back door unlocked and open. Never had to worry about people snooping around.
          How things have changed, some things for the better, I might add. But, I do remember when I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof, maybe, I wasn't that courteous to people either??
          Thanks Tony, for ruining my day. I never thought for one minute that at 54 I would be classed as an old pr**k (LOL) maybe I am
          Think I may ask my sons (32,30,28,18) for their opinion.
          Then again, I think I will let that one go, something tells me that they will lie and tell me what a great bloke I am.LOL
          I received an email a number of weeks back, the written words were.
          "hey send me all info on your twin battery setup". That was it.
          Being a a old pr**k, I sent the guy all the details. And surprise! not even a thanks.
          I will say that this message, and the few others similar, is what prompted me to do the thread. Manners!. I have them, and used them by replying.
          Its not that damm hard.
          Hey, dont get me going on spelling, my mother is pushing 80, swears like a trooper, into computers, and mobile phones. I get text messages from her that I have to get my youngest son to decode.
          Regards from a now old pr**k
          Daryl=DBT
          Last edited by dbomba; 16-01-11, 04:39 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

• Silver Streak
            Valued Member
            • May 2010
            • Adelaide. South Aust.

No, no, I didn't try to infer that you were an "old pr**k"....maybe you're just a....hang-on, I had better not go there.
            You've got a good brood there, by the sounds of it to Daryl. A good spread of young men. All, 10 foot......well, you know how it goes. Just ask them.
            As far as mobile phones go, with texting anyway, IMHO, I can see a reason for using acronyms and shortening words and phrases, as I do it myself. But please, not on a forum, where in most cases you've got a perfectly good keyboard in front of you, and not a pissy little set of buttons, that one finger covers four of them.
            Hmmm, I had better not dig too deep a hole for myself here, as my grammar and the use of full-stops, commas and exclamation marks etc, is not perfect all the time either.
            Last edited by Silver Streak; 16-01-11, 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling
            Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• dbomba
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Homebase Sydney

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
              No, no, I didn't try to infer that you were an "old pr**k"....maybe you're just a....hang-on, I had better not go there.
              Hey, my wife does, I dont think the forum would allow what she sometimes calls me. Old LOL

Spelling and grammar, I have a black keyboard with white letters, it is damm hard to see. But is a great excuse for making mistakes. Sometimes I look at whats on the screen and ask, how the hell did I type that.
              Regards
              Daryl

Comment

• tric1960
                • Dec 2010
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by dbomba View Post
                I guess I am not the first, nor will I be the last person who has experienced this impoliteness resulting from ignorance.
                Daryl = DBT
                Sadly it is not just forums and I don't believe it is old age. If I am going through a door and I see some one behind me I will hold the door, did when I was a pup and I still do. Only difference now is when I do it, more often than not I won't get a thankyou, usually young women are the least likely to say thank you. It's as if they expect it.

Same for manners on the road, but don't get me started on other road users, there isn't a big enough "censored" smilie to cover what I think.

Comment

• justcruizin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Brisbane

I think spelling and grammar are fast becoming a dying art amongst the younger generation. The use of text abbreviations in everyday writing of documents is becoming more prominent. Unfortunately, when submitting a job resume full of these, the individual stands little chance of even securing an interview as it is assumed they cannot spell or are simply too lazy to write properly. I have seen a few of these and when you are shortlisting a pile of applications, people who take the time to actually spell (or at least run a spell checker over it) will get the nod everytime.

Just my 2 cents worth.
                  Mick.
                  08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• Silver Streak
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2010
                    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Surely, surely, surely, the learning institutions these young job seekers came from, would have told them, there's a language you can use with your peers, friends and mates, on your mobile phones, Facebook, or Twitter, but when you converse with the rest of the world, you must use the official proper and correct language, in our case, English.
                    Hey, I used a completely different language, while at work or down the pub with the boys, but I surprisingly switched off from that, when I got home, or went out somewhere, and we can all relate to that. Horses for courses, I suppose.
                    I guess these kids will learn eventually, as we all did at their age. As I said before...."10 foot tall and bullet proof", and "I know it all", and "can't be told anything". We've all, been there, done that. Sh*t, a lot of cliches there.
                    I guess languages do evolve over time, but the use of mobile text, as the official language, is a bit over the top. As far as acronyms are concerned, Mitsubishi would have to be at the top of the list ATM, with their latest TV ads, for the Pajero, Outlander and ASX.
                    Just thinking, aren't I an absolute and angel and model citizen, but those who know me, would be saying, what's he on about, he's nothing like that at all. But most/all of them don't read this forum, so I'm safe there. See, what I mean about anonymity, it's very precious sometimes.
                    Last edited by Silver Streak; 17-01-11, 10:06 AM.
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X