Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 5 Days Ago

Default DPF clean discussion

Hi guys, I have been looking in DPF cleaning for a while and would like to hear more from people with more experience and knowledge.

What I have found: cars'DPF collect the soot, bake it and blow it.however, ash will stay inside the dpf and accumulated ash will reduce the efficiency of the dpf, increase fuel consumption.https://dieselnet.com/tech/dpf_ash.php many members with high mileage NS', their DPF may suffer from accumulated ash that is why forced regeneration of DPF wont work. We can not bake the ash.

In USA, Europe quite a lot products have been developed to clean the ash. I mean the ash, not just the carbon or soot. Such as Motip https://youtu.be/8uqFZLKKMfs. But we dont have any here, we either manual wash it, or get some machine to blow the ash out. Or, we use some additive to lower the DPF temp to make the regeneration smoother which is more a way of prevention.

Do you have any easier and effective method to clean the ash out of the dpf?