Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

You may still have an obstruction in the exhaust (a bit unlikely, but possible). You could have a flap of corroded material in the muffler which gets moved to a position where it blocks the gas flow and then when the engine stops, the flap falls back away, allowing normal operation until th whole cycle repeats later on.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGaz View Post
Icarsoft CR Pro
Thane for this. I hope you get it sorted.
Cheers,
Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 5 Days Ago

Default Update

A frustrating day grinding and cutting off rusted bolts to check the exhaust for blockages.

Started the day off trying to move the car to the driveway, but it wouldn't run. Kept stalling on idle.

Initially thought it was the CAT that was blocked so removed it (after cutting and grinding the existing rusted nuts on the rear flange to the DPF) and the motor was now able to rev freely. Got a hose into the CAT and whilst some crap came out it didn't seem that dirty. The honeycomb actually looked pretty clean. No burnt areas or heavy deposits. The water also flowed freely through which indicated no real blockage. Started to regret going to the trouble to take it out now.
Reinstalled the CAT temporarily but left the connection between the DPF and CAT open. Motor revved freely.

Next culprit was the dreaded DPF. More swearing to cut and grind off the bolts on the rear connection to the muffler to open that end. Then to make sure it wasn't a blockage further down I connected the DPF to the CAT again. Turned the key and no more free revving. Back to under 1000rpm foot flat to the floor.

Pulled the DPF out totally (fun times) and connected the hose to it again. Crap came out everywhere. No matter what I did water would not flow through it, instead just coming out the pressure sensor tubes. So I'm figuring I have a stuffed (pun intended) DPF

So now my intention is to source a secondhand genuine DPF and install that. A local wrecker has one. Hopefully this will allow me to regen (even better if it decides it doesn't need it - although from what I've read on here it will still need to do a forced regen to clear the codes). Then change the oil and filter and hopefully be trouble free until I sell or install a delete pipe.
Old 5 Days Ago

Donít know if it helps but used to have a van the cat was knackered it drove ok for a few miles then lost power and bellowed smoke then wouldnít start I disconnected the cat drove down the road with no cat on and gap in exhaust worked fine so replaced cat with a different car cat and just welded it in all worked fine from then on in but there was no dpf on the van and not so many sensors donít know if that helps
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Sounds as if it is the DPF all cagged up. Can you try soaking some solvent or a few days and then trying to wash it out? A replacement DPF will not be chap.
Old 5 Days Ago

I see you mention that the DPF is at a wreckers, make sure it's got a warranty, those things are expensive.

Or if you are planning a delete pipe down the track, maybe price one before buying the DPF. Surely the pipe would come with some kind of bypass for the sensors and the codes may be able to be cleared once it's installed.

If it's revving freely without the DPF connected, doesn't sound like it's in limp mode, codes may just be stored

Last edited by Two Emms; 5 Days Ago at 09:16 AM. Reason: More info
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

https://dpfsalesandserviceaustralia....hi-pajero-dpf/

https://www.google.com.au/search?sou...sclient=psy-ab
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Sounds as if it is the DPF all cagged up. Can you try soaking some solvent or a few days and then trying to wash it out? A replacement DPF will not be chap.
Thank you.

I've tried some solvent and also the high pressure cleaner as per many of the videos on Utube. Have got lots of crap out and have a trickle of a flow of water, but it definitely doesn't free flow. Suspect somewhere internally it is blocked and all I'm cleaning is the outside parts of the filter.

I think its just safer to stick in a secondhand one that is currently working then replace with a delete pipe asap.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Sounds like it might have melted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

When is is dried out a bit, give the DPF a decent thump and then rattle it. If you hear something loose inside, you may have some loose baffles etc inside.