• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conquistador
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012
    • sth east queensland

Seems late for a mid year update and Coupled with limited dealer stock.

Suggests it may be a swansong.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

MY stands for "Model Year", not "Mid Year" - the timing can vary from year to year, sometimes quite late in the year.

The elephant in the room this year is the new emission regulations, from October, I think. I suspect they are simply running down their MY16 stocks to avoid having a lot of non-compliant cars in stock after October.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Boci Levu
        • Jan 2015
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by green troll View Post
        Not really sure. Lol. I assumed my Pajero had a standard turbo.

Here's the link anyway.
        http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...rbodiesel.html
        The article relates to a European spec car. Australian Paj's already have these spec's for the diesel version. We can't get the petrol version mentioned.

Also, all new diesel passenger cars sold in Australia need to comply to the full Euro 5 emission standard by November 2016. This applies retrospectively, so even if the model was released before this date the car will have to comply regardless.
        Last edited by Boci Levu; 23-08-16, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
          I thought the current Pajero already has a VGT? Perhaps a different one?
          From NT on had VGT.....maybe the NY will get a bigger one
          DAVE
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• conquistador
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2012
            • sth east queensland

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            From NT on had VGT.....maybe the NY will get a bigger one
            DAVE
            Or two!

Comment

• waynealli
              • Aug 2016
              • Perth

Hi all, 1st time poster!

I have just ordered my new Pajero, it will be a MY17.

Dealer gave me the info which details the changes between the MY16 and the MY 17.

Essentially Euro 5 compliance
              Revised exhaust components (DFP Added )
              Revised driveline components ( Carbon Fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) type propeller shaft )
              revised final drive gear ( 3.917 to 3.692 )
              Rear undercover added
              GLX gets PVC leather look armrest covers.

Ironbark colour deleted and a new colour called Deep Bronze added

Production of the MY 17 is scheduled for October with the retail month of November

Other then that the cars are pretty much identical! I have a copy of the Dealers order information supplement dated September 2016 but I don't know how to post pics !

Hope this info helps !

Comment

• Stevenf
                • Oct 2015
                • Nsw

Current model has a carbon fibre tail shaft. Think its there for safety reasons.

Why change the gear ratio? This means the engine rpm will increase. Maybe this helps the exhaust filter operate at higher temperature? Maybe helps with torque converter lockup ( the one thing i hate about the pajero)

I dont miss the dpf on my diesel nissan x trail. Burns use to start at bad times, like just before i would get home, then i would have to keep driving till it stopped... There were lots of problems with them.

That said x trail Exhaust was very clean, could rub your finger inside of exhaust pipe and finger would be clean so i can see why they should be there. Fuel consumption was higher, especially for short trips, as extra fuel was added to quickly warm up the exhaust filter.

Enjoy the new car. Pajero quality is the best!

Comment

• NFT5
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Canberra

Originally posted by Stevenf View Post
                  Why change the gear ratio? This means the engine rpm will increase.
                  No, it's currently 3.917 so a change to 3.692 will reduce the engine rpm at any given speed. At nearly a 6% drop that's fairly significant and will make it much slower off the mark although (possibly) capable of a higher top speed. It's like going up a size in tyres so expect higher fuel consumption as well unless gearbox ratios are adjusted to compensate. If they don't change anything else, at least the speedo will, finally, be reasonably accurate.

Won't be too popular with those who want bigger tyres. Older higher (numerical) ratio diff centres may become very popular.

Again, unless transfer case ratios are changed, this would make the Pajero even worse in low range.

Hard to understand why they'd do it unless there's a new or updated gearbox in the offing. Hmmm, a 6 or 7 speed? With revised transfer case ratios like the MQ Triton? Guess we just have to wait and see.
                  Chris

Comment

• s311_bvm
                    • Oct 2011
                    • AUS

So we know the current MQ Triton uses the Pajero 5 speed box, it's final ratio is 3.917.
                    The Pajero Sport with the 8 speed auto has a final ratio of 3.692.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Pajero is getting the 8 speed auto.

Comment

• Phree_ed
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Moreton Bay area

Pajero has had a composite tail shaft since at least the NP. The result of experience in the Dakar days when Mitsubishi was on its winning streak.

Comment

• mynance
                        • Jul 2009
                        • Hervey Bay Qld

[QUOTE=NFT5;519728]No, it's currently 3.917 so a change to 3.692 will reduce the engine rpm at any given speed. At nearly a 6% drop that's fairly significant and will make it much slower off the mark although (possibly) capable of a higher top speed. It's like going up a size in tyres so expect higher fuel consumption as well unless gearbox ratios are adjusted to compensate. If they don't change anything else, at least the speedo will, finally, be reasonably accurate)

Won't make any difference to the speedo as it is deliberately made inaccurate as an ADR in all passenger cars since 2004.
                        Some brainless moron in regulatory office must of made that stupid decision.

Myles
                        MY 13 NW DiD VRX, Ultimate Suspensions HD all round with Coil Rite Airbags
                        Seachange 595 Elite Off Road Caravan

Comment

• conquistador
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • sth east queensland

Originally posted by s311_bvm View Post
                          So we know the current MQ Triton uses the Pajero 5 speed box, it's final ratio is 3.917.
                          The Pajero Sport with the 8 speed auto has a final ratio of 3.692.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Pajero is getting the 8 speed auto.
                          X2 would be great.

Although with the 5speeder in the triton still supporting the production of the old box. I half think the salesman was incorrectly reading pajero sport spec sheet instead.

Comment

• Boci Levu
                            • Jan 2015
                            • Melbourne

None of the dealers I called in Victoria have any details about a MY17 Pajero. You sure you're not referring to the Pajero Sport?

What's the dealers name in WA? I'd like to call them to check out the spec's.

Comment

• gta1898
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Chester. UK

[QUOTE=mynance;519818]
                              Originally posted by NFT5 View Post

Some brainless moron in regulatory office must of made that stupid decision.

Myles
                              Sadly plenty of them the world over and their breeding fast!!
                              Graham

Shogun / Pajero MY14 SG2 / GLX, Manual, Eiger Grey, Limo Tints, SPV 3.1, 18" Factory alloys in satin black.

Comment

• Boci Levu
                                • Jan 2015
                                • Melbourne

Less power

I think the MY17 Pajero will be the current UK Shogun listed on the Mitsubishi UK website. It'll It'll probably be cheaper from a production point of view as UK vehicles are RHD as well. I checked the spec's online and it says it has a final gear ratio is 3.692 also. Transfer gear ratio's remain the same.
                                The catch is power will reduce down from 147KW@3800RPM to 140@3500. Torque remains the same at 441NM.
                                Interestingly, the Shogun complies to Euro 6B emissions standard. In Australia we just have to comply to Euro 5B by November this year. So maybe they're preparing the Australian market for the drop in power as the Euro 6 standard is just around the corner in July 2018. But that'll be good news for Australia as 'long live Pajero' !
                                Whatever happens I hope to God Mitsubishi Australia don't fit the 20-inch alloys they have going on the top range Shogun. FFS I am getting sick of manufacturers 'dressing up' very capable 4WD's to appeal to soccer mom's.
                                Save
                                Save
                                Last edited by Boci Levu; 05-10-16, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X