Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 19-12-19

Default NX bumper bullbar

Hello guys,

Anybody knows what's the brand or who makes the bumper just like in the pictures.
I don't live in Australia but i need to who to contact incase i can order one and ship it to Jordan.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

These are the Genuine Accessory protection bars sold by MMAL in Australia via their dealers.

I'm unaware who makes them, but I would suspect they would not be able to sell them to anyone other than MMAL. You could buy one from an Australian dealer or perhaps secondhand from a wrecker, although I suspect the freight cost would make it uneconomic. The black steel one is particularly heavy - alloy not so heavy. They are packed in a large cardboard box when shipped to the dealers. Sometimes a dealer will advertise them on eBay.
Old 19-12-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
These are the Genuine Accessory protection bars sold by MMAL in Australia via their dealers.

I'm unaware who makes them, but I would suspect they would not be able to sell them to anyone other than MMAL. You could buy one from an Australian dealer or perhaps secondhand from a wrecker, although I suspect the freight cost would make it uneconomic. The black steel one is particularly heavy - alloy not so heavy. They are packed in a large cardboard box when shipped to the dealers. Sometimes a dealer will advertise them on eBay.
Thanks spot01, does MMAL sell them separately ? I prefer the black since it goes with car colors. I already installed TJM lift kit so no problem with the extra weight. But as mentioned the shipping cost will make it unaffordable, plus i have to pay customs too . My Pajero in the pictures

Last edited by talrusan; 19-12-19 at 08:03 AM.
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:

I,ve had the steel one since new. Dont know the exact weight..BUT ..its a hell of a lot lighter than ARB, TJM etc.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

I've got the alloy version and since I have weight issues when towing, I'm glad I don't have the extra weight on the front.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talrusan View Post
Thanks spot01, does MMAL sell them separately ? I prefer the black since it goes with car colors. I already installed TJM lift kit so no problem with the extra weight. But as mentioned the shipping cost will make it unaffordable, plus i have to pay customs too . My Pajero in the pictures

I think the dealers would sell them as a "spare part", but you may have to search a bit to find one willing to ship it overseas, as this adds some complexity they don't usually need to get involved in. You may need to find a freight company that would handle all that stuff for them.
Also note they are quite expensive (like all bars here).
If you don't need the strength of steel, perhaps the alloy one could be painted, powder coated, etc?
If you look on eBay, you might find dealers that are selling genuine parts that might be more willing to help, even if they don't have the bars listed.
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

Part numbers fro Mitsubishi Australia are.....

MZ350539 for alloy bull bar

MZ350542 for steel bull bar

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 19-12-19
Valued Member

Also refer to the MMAL website as I think there is some info there (look under Pajero accessories).
Note there have been changes to the bars as the models have changed - make sure you get the correct model.
There is also a slight risk that your overseas market car may have some differences to the Oz cars that could affect how it would fit, but no way of knowing other than studying the photos.
Old 19-12-19

Quote:
Also refer to the MMAL website as I think there is some info there (look under Pajero accessories).
Note there have been changes to the bars as the models have changed - make sure you get the correct model.
There is also a slight risk that your overseas market car may have some differences to the Oz cars that could affect how it would fit, but no way of knowing other than studying the photos.
I think they are all the same. Already found some one on ebay. The price is USD 1784 for alloy. But not shipping overseas. You alright the y are available on MMAL website bith steel & alloy.

Old 20-12-19

I did some research before buying genuine from my dealer...actually came in cheaper than some of the others.
The deal breaker for me was some of the after market bars seemed to have issues with the fog lights and day time driving lights ..as in "you can't have them"
Genuine black steel was $2800 fitted. ( they did stuff some wiring by squashing the harness under a bracket, but that's another story)