X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bogger
    Unregistered as asked
    • May 2011

Good technique shown by the boys ....................... lay ya 4b on it's side and makes for a good winch anchor point
    As Jack says it can always go pear shaped no matter the skill or gear available.

Comment

• mr gus
      • Dec 2012
      • ne vic

Hi all,

Just letting you know that the episode is being aired this Saturday January 25th at 3:30pm local time across aus (3pm regional NT) (according to the all 4 adventure facebook page)

I was pretty interested to see what happened. They also have a 10 minute short video of the recovery on their facebook page.

From the video it is amazing that the snatch strap under full tension didnt break (the guys were walking right next to a tensioned strap and jumping over it!)

Just thought Id let everyone know the episode was on,

Cheers

Gus
      NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• joe2006
        • Jan 2011
        • Central Victoria

I will make sure I watch it.

You wouldn't want to be stepping over if the snatch strap were to break and hit the Jatz Crackers. A flick like that might bring a tear or 2 to they eye.
        Cheers Joe

2004 NP GLX DID Auto

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • Maitland, NSW

Part2 is up and a must watch!
          If you have time for the show tomorrow then wait and watch it.

Must say, I was not impressed by their techniques to begin with but after part2 the headshaking stopped and a clap was in order
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• pajeroman3lt
            • Nov 2012
            • taree

yeah, the boys really stepped up and got their shit together and got out with no damage.

Comment

• dean
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007

Just watched them get out of the bog on facebook. Not unlike Alby Mangels and the predicaments he would find himself in.
              Have never seen the show so is the format all like this or do they have more sedate touring as well.
              Dean
              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Peakhurst, Sydney

Time-shift recorded it earlier as I was in & out all day, & just watched it.
                The cameraman (& producers) were probably pleased that he missed shooting that water-crossing & getting stuck, as the recovery resulted in some great footage for the show, but if it wasn't for that tree, they'd be really cursing the cameraman instead!
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
                  Time-shift recorded it earlier as I was in & out all day, & just watched it.
                  The cameraman (& producers) were probably pleased that he missed shooting that water-crossing & getting stuck, as the recovery resulted in some great footage for the show, but if it wasn't for that tree, they'd be really cursing the cameraman instead!
                  I reckon - if the tree hadn't been there they would have been in BIG trouble - don't know how they would have gone with a ground anchor etc. Maybe they were smart enough to cross where there was a tree !!

I don't think it was the cameraman's fault - it looked as if Jason crossed before he was told to and that was why he had to go back.

Certainly some great footage, but boy, were they lucky !?!?

Cheers

Geoff
                  03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• dean
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007

Maybe they were smart enough to cross where there was a tree !!

Yeh you do wonder about that tree and I tend agree they knew they had a final saviour if the stunt went pear shaped.
                    Dean
                    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• peter92
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • maryborough queensland

at the end of it, at least he admitted that he,s never done some thing as stupid as that.
                      I really do think it scared the crap out of him and his mate
                      it should be put in for the worst recoveries and ,DO NOT DO THIS segments
                      I am glad no one got hurt
                      Regards Peter
                      used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
                      now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
                      bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
                      SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X