• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Wheel specs across all 4x4's-cross reference list

Hey all. I found this PDF that has the specs for wheels across all 4x4's available here in Aus. I'm sure this will be useful to others looking to cross reference wheels for various models.

I've loaded PDF here in case the company takes the document down etc

Certainly answers the questions I've been having, and bugging everyone about
    Attached Files
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

They're not the specs. Looks more like what can be fitted and still remain legal.

Shows offset for Gen 3 & 4 as +20 or +25 and Triton ML/MN as +20 or +25.
    Chris

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

OK. They're not the specs.

This document shows measurements of various features of wheels that fit common 4wd's available in Australia, and should be useful for those trying to cross reference across different cars. Specifically the measurement of the centre bore that seems to bring up lots of discussion on this and other forums.

I'm not trying to get in an argument about semantics, just trying to help out fellow forum members

Comment

• Scrambler
        • Jul 2018
        • Toowoomba, Qld

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
        They're not the specs. Looks more like what can be fitted and still remain legal.

Shows offset for Gen 3 & 4 as +20 or +25 and Triton ML/MN as +20 or +25.
        I think it is which of their wheels fit. Pajero 15 inch skinny for pre-2000GL models are 6x15 +30mm offset. Nissan have 5.5x16 split rims +15mm offset standard on base model Patrols in the 90s to early 2000s.
        =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
        =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• Miner
          • Apr 2019
          • Abu Dhabi

Wheel centres is a key one as some wheels have the same PCD for the nuts/studs but different centre sizes... you need to use spigot rings to locate the rim on the hub centre, or there’s a chance it’ll rumble off over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

I've never bought that, but it's never presented an issue to me before now. The law states that for alloy rim it has to have correct hub size or use rings. The rings available are often nylon, not exactly hard core that will take the weight of a car. But the nuts are different with alloy also, obviously can't use tapered nuts

If you read how this works, it's the friction between rim and hub that holds the wheel to the hub. With steel rims the fit between centre bore and hub isn't close to tight, let alone friction fit. All of my cars have at least a mm play. Plus tapered nuts centre each stud hole. 100+nm over each wheel nut is a lot of force holding that rim on, and the tapered nuts take the centre bore out of the equation also.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X