• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RG76
    • Feb 2013
    • Sydney

NSW EOI - Brindabella Ranges April 2015

I'm looking at hitting the Brindabella Ranges late April this year, thought I'd throw it out there to get some feedback and to see who is keen?

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Do you want to do some tough tracks or just the tourist loop? Opportunities lessen every year as they gate off more and more, but there's still plenty to do up there.

Are you looking at spending a night(s) up there or just day tripping?

I might be interested. Local but depends on what is happening in the bizzo as to whether I can make it.
    Chris

Comment

• RG76
      • Feb 2013
      • Sydney

Looking at doing an overnighter and cramming in as much stuff as possible.

A mix of both tourist and tough tracks would be suitable, what tracks can you recommend?
      2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

• nayala
        • Mar 2013
        • western victoria

Keen to join but having family trip to Phillips island from 9-20 april.
        Cheers
        Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

Originally posted by RG76 View Post
          Looking at doing an overnighter and cramming in as much stuff as possible.

A mix of both tourist and tough tracks would be suitable, what tracks can you recommend?
          Much depends on the people coming and vehicles. I'd start with a loop down to Flea Creek, Mt Coree, McIntyres Hut and maybe back via one of the Powerline Trails. That gives some interesting spots for those new to the area and a few low range spots, but low risk. For the experienced four wheel drivers with well set up vehicles there are some other tracks that range from mild to wild with damage likely, winching, road building and more if you want.

Just to get you inspired...

Photos don't usually show just how steep a track is. This one does. I made it up here in the Paj but got quite lonely waiting at the top while others tried and failed.
          Chris

Comment

• FIS9076
            • Jun 2010
            • Western Sydney

Nice pics Chris,

Hey RG, depending on dates and work etc, id love to tag along mate

Been high on the list and was actually thinking of cruising down there a few times myself lately but life keeps throwing crap in the way that needs to get done.

Comment

• Tombo89
              • Feb 2013
              • Sydney

Depending on dates i'm in roman!!! Did you have a particular wkend in mind so i can suss my work schedule out?

As it stands im free the weekend of the 4/5th or 11/12th
              Last edited by Tombo89; 24-02-15, 07:09 PM. Reason: Dates
              NOW : 2012 JKU WRANGLER

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN : 2012 PB Challenger LS Auto - M/T ATZ P3 285/70/17, Black factory alloys, Xrox sliders, Xrox bullbar, FYRLYT's, Aurora 30" lightbar, Runva 11xp winch, Ultimate suspension lift & brake upgrade, Airtec snorkel, Bushskinz, ORS drawers, Redarc DBS with solar, UHF, SPV EGR mod, Rhino pioneer platform, 3.15 reduction gears, Wholesale autos hd nomad valve body..

Comment

• RG76
                • Feb 2013
                • Sydney

Gents, I was looking at the last weekend in April, it's the 25th I think.

I might be able to bring it forward a weekend but need to check a few things.

Comment

• cookie9
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Central Coast NSW

Hi RG,
                  Depenging when I'd love to tag along!
                  2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• Stressfactor
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Wollondilly

Was going to check this area our after new year but personal s### got in the way so I'm keen. If you can advise the weekend will make it definite
                    96 NJ GLS Exceed Manual with 3.5L goodness. 2" HD Kings, Tough Dog TBs and 33" MT-764, DIY Rear Draw and fridge system, roof cage with awning and led lights. DIY sliders/steps, MCC bar to be installed with winch. Next Mod Rear bar with spare and jerry swings

Comment

• FIS9076
                      • Jun 2010
                      • Western Sydney

There are comments on facebook that ACT Nat Parks are about to lock up powerlines track and possibly one or two other areas....im unsure of any dates mentioned but could be worth asking around

tuff truck weekend of 18/19?

Comment

• Tashubi
                        • Nov 2012
                        • Hills Sydney

Hi RG I'm interested in this trip and have it on my bucket list so count me in subject to final dates.

Comment

• Toddyh
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by RG76 View Post
                          Gents, I was looking at the last weekend in April, it's the 25th I think.

I might be able to bring it forward a weekend but need to check a few things.
                          Isn't that ANZAC day?
                          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• RG76
                            • Feb 2013
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
                            Isn't that ANZAC day?
                            Just checked and yes you're correct, may need to move then?

Also couldn't find any road closures in the Namadgi Nat Park only road I could find was Pabral road in the Brindabella Nat park.

Comment

• PBding
                              • May 2010
                              • Canberra

Pabral road provides another access to Mt Coree other than Two Sticks Road, I wonder why it's closed?
                              NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X