X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulcher
    • Mar 2019
    • Melbourne

I'm busy swapping parts from my recall-affected NL and my 11/99 airbagged NL that isn't affected. Renewed my Vic rego two weeks ago for three months. Rego went through without any issues.

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by gemster View Post
      That's what is happening now, they are being bought back...
      I highly doubt that a fix will become available in Australia and if it does, what about the owners of the bought back NL's?

Wouldn't they be peeved off that they did what they did... Sorry but I think there won't be a Fix for Australia... Its too far gone for that now...

All owners should have banded together and mounted a Legal Challenge, but sadly that is too late as well... The Precent has been set...

Gemster...
      Mitsi would not be the only brand to start repairing after pissing owners off with a buy back --- and as mentioned earlier BMW actually have saved the better condition cars and are repairing and reselling them.
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• neilo
        • Feb 2008

Sadly surrendered my NL in to mitsi dealer re recall. It was due for rego, insurance and the LPG system tank was due for 10 year inspection. It was going to cost me too much to keep it on the road with no guarantee it could be defected as an unsafe vehicle at anytime in the near future. Was told that mitsi is so far behind in making payments that cars which were surrendered in March are still waiting for settlement. Looks like it's going to be a long wait.
        NW diesel auto

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

If they can't give you immediate or near immediate payment then I reckon they shouldn't be able to take your car.
          It's not as if they let you drive a new car off the lot and give your months to pay them for it.
          Maybe you should ask for interest as well
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• pharb
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by neilo View Post
            Sadly surrendered my NL in to mitsi dealer re recall. It was due for rego, insurance and the LPG system tank was due for 10 year inspection. It was going to cost me too much to keep it on the road with no guarantee it could be defected as an unsafe vehicle at anytime in the near future. Was told that mitsi is so far behind in making payments that cars which were surrendered in March are still waiting for settlement. Looks like it's going to be a long wait.
            Son surrendered his in March. Got payed within about 2 weeks.

Bought a really neat ML to replace it, but now regrets giving up the NL. Wished he had of removed airbags and held onto it as long as he could.
            PCOV Member 1107.
            Daily driver NX GLX
            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• tomwithannl
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Maria Coast Tasmania.

That sounds so similar to mine, except I went the other way and paid the rego and insurance and then treated it to a full timing belt and water pump kit, plugs and leads, oxygen sensor, transmission service kit, changed all the fluids, repacked the wheel bearings and ripped the whole gas system out. As I am in Tassie I don't mind just using the 45ltr aux tank until I find a factory petrol tank to put in it.
              All this (about $800 in parts plus my labour) is getting her ready for a major "post border opening" trip to the mainland. If I had capitulated to MMAL and sold my NL to them and then bought another vehicle I would have done the same (and more) to put my mind at rest that it would be reliable enough for a major trip. I have owned the NL for 20 years and know it inside out and now it's ready for another chapter in its life.

Tom
              Last edited by tomwithannl; 07-08-20, 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling correction
              1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
              1953 Morris Minor ute
              1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
              2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• neilo
                • Feb 2008

There was no offer of a loan car. I wonder if there was one available whether settlement money would come quicker?
                NW diesel auto

Comment

• stumagoo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Perth WA S.O.R

There was no offer of a loan car. I wonder if there was one available whether settlement money would come quicker?
                  Mitsi are starting to really drag the chain on the whole buy back thing.... I suspect they have realised that it may be more expensive than expected...

We also have now had reports of mitsi here in perth refusing to honor the money spent with receipts to prove it - one of our members had a full engine rebuild by their local dealer and had reciepts --- it was 13 months before they got the recall and they went in and were told reciepts are only valid if under 12 months old.... they have taken the vehicle home to strip it themselves as they can get more for a freshly built engine than mitsi were going to give them
                  1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                  1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• neilo
                    • Feb 2008

After being told I will have to wait possibly months for a reply from Mitsi about offer. I was contacted and got an offer today its only been about a week. I will be going in finalising the offer next week.
                    NW diesel auto

Comment

• MSF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                      Mitsi are starting to really drag the chain on the whole buy back thing.... I suspect they have realised that it may be more expensive than expected...

We also have now had reports of mitsi here in perth refusing to honor the money spent with receipts to prove it - one of our members had a full engine rebuild by their local dealer and had reciepts --- it was 13 months before they got the recall and they went in and were told reciepts are only valid if under 12 months old.... they have taken the vehicle home to strip it themselves as they can get more for a freshly built engine than mitsi were going to give them
                      Not hard to have a "receipt" made to show a rebuilt engine / other major internal work.
                      I heard of one particular workshop in Sydney that is offering "rebuild invoices" for $100 and people getting lots more $$$$ from MMAL... Have a chat your local mechanic.. It's not like they are going to strip down the motor / Transmission / Transfer case or Diff to confirm...

just saying....

Comment

• stumagoo
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2014
                        • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by MSF View Post
                        Not hard to have a "receipt" made to show a rebuilt engine / other major internal work.
                        I heard of one particular workshop in Sydney that is offering "rebuild invoices" for $100 and people getting lots more $$$$ from MMAL... Have a chat your local mechanic.. It's not like they are going to strip down the motor / Transmission / Transfer case or Diff to confirm...

just saying....

lol but in this case the reciept was from the same dealer that was buying back.... so they knew the exact details

Comment

• A Sweaty Pajero
                          • Jul 2014
                          • Perth, WA

just curious, can you engineer a solid axle swap or anything on a takata airbag affected NL pajero?
                          i really don't want to give her back to mitsi because i've grown attached to my NL <3
                          also cant find a decent NL nowadays thats not under $6k
                          1999 NL 3.5L 3" suspension, 2" body, 35" tyres and a custom front difff drop with sway bar still in.

2003 NM 3.2L diesel (injector pump issue)

Comment

• disco stu
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2018
                            • Wollongong

From my understanding, if your vin is on the list but you just happen to have a car with no airbag you take it in and get inspected and your vin taken off the list, because they obviously made a mistake with your car being included in the list.......

Comment

• Scrambler
                              • Jul 2018
                              • Toowoomba, Qld

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                              lol but in this case the reciept was from the same dealer that was buying back.... so they knew the exact details
                              Not that I was taking it back to the same dealership, but I can confirm that is Mitsubishi's position. I had receipts for more than they paid. I could fortunately pick up a car for the amount they offered, but it was an 'on paper' loss of nearly 1/2 the money spent. I had only owned the car for 18 months. Luckily (if that's the right word??) the clutch replacement was new and got factored in.
                              =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
                              =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• stumagoo
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
                                Not that I was taking it back to the same dealership, but I can confirm that is Mitsubishi's position. I had receipts for more than they paid. I could fortunately pick up a car for the amount they offered, but it was an 'on paper' loss of nearly 1/2 the money spent. I had only owned the car for 18 months. Luckily (if that's the right word??) the clutch replacement was new and got factored in.

as someone in the automotive trade I have a huge amount of work/time on mine with no receipts. I have not handed it back in and wont be doing so at any stage. if it means I strip mine and build another then thats what I will do

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X