Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 25-11-19

Default Long time driver first time Pajero

Hey guys,
Just dropping a line in here to say I have decided to buy my first ever Pajero. The car list was long and eventually I just kept coming back to the Paj.
Looked around at some cheaper examples of 2010 NT and newer as my older brother has one so i sort of knew what they were like.
In fact I ha ent owned a proper 4x4 since my first car back in 1998 which was a Lada Niva.

Anyway the older ones were nice but inknow a lot of these are used to tow big vans and others were ex fleet or police so they were out. Likewise the auction vehicles mainly due to not knowing their actual treatment.

Long story shorter, we called the dealer we got my current car from which is a country dealer about 3 hours drive from us to see what they had. He said he had a couple of brand new White GLS MY20 with factory tow pack for $49990 drive away.
Closest I could get one of those anywhere else even through friends of dealer principles was $52400.

There is a bit of story behind these ones, something about a cancelled fleet order so they cant sell them as new even though they are as never registered and delivery km only.

Needless to say I have dropped a deposit on it and going to pick it up on Thursday.

Side note, I've owned a few cars in the past 20 years or so, mostly performance imports but this will be my first ever brand new car.
I'll post some more pics once I pick it up.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Old 26-11-19

This is a great deal. congrats
Old 26-11-19
Valued Member

Enjoy, it wont let you down.

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/
Old 26-11-19

thats a steal

you may start looking the forum for little mods sugguestion such as catch can to look after it.

wish list: 2 inch lift with 265 65r18 AT tyres.
Old 26-11-19

Cheesenoodle,
Check the horizontal surfaces for hail damage, otherwise a very good deal.
Old 26-11-19
Super Moderator

I have been told that as a part of National Fleet supply, that suppliers must hold extra stock to use as quick supply for fleet expansion or replacement when the fleet customer requires another vehicle. However they must also supply the current model, so therefore towards the end on year model changeovers any cars reserved for fleet must be sold to non- fleet customers.

I saved 20% of RRP ($8K) when I brought from excess fleet stock in 2011 because I wanted white, auto, 5 seater, with full safety pack and this was the fleet specification at the time.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 26-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
I have been told that as a part of National Fleet supply, that suppliers must hold extra stock to use as quick supply for fleet expansion or replacement when the fleet customer requires another vehicle. However they must also supply the current model, so therefore towards the end on year model changeovers any cars reserved for fleet must be sold to non- fleet customers.

I saved 20% of RRP ($8K) when I brought from excess fleet stock in 2011 because I wanted white, auto, 5 seater, with full safety pack and this was the fleet specification at the time.

OJ.
Makes some sense as i've been looking at prices learning the market & quite A few GLX about $45K & below.

Few pop up around $42k ongoing for at least the last month- 6 weeks, listed as used, described as brand new some of them. "Bulk buy" Fleet deal fall over & some don't mention the reasoning.
Been plenty of them as well

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...17898616/?Cr=0
Old 26-11-19

thats absolutely steal!below $42k da
Old 28-11-19

Picked it up today 8 hour round trip. Had 32km on ODO and zero hail damage. Now has 400km on it.
Loving it!
3rd row seats are out. Eyed off 2nd battery locations and looking at bullbars. Also need remove my redarc from old car but might just buy the MM plug and play unit.
Mate is mitsi mechanic and said get a catch can and egr disable kit. I'm not sure about the egr kit as read a lot of bad stuff about them.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Old 28-11-19
Valued Member

Do the egr right off the bat. Save you needing an intake clean later on. Worth every penny.

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/