Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Access through firewall

I am contemplating fitting driving lights and ask if anyone knows a relatively easy or accessible way to get the cabling required for the cutout switch through the firewall, or do I have to simply drill a hole through the firewall.
And then I need to find a place to put said switch !
Any clues or advice appreciated.
2016 NX GLS.

Last edited by RodMac; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:12 AM. Reason: Model ID
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I’ve generally gone through the rubber grommet where the steering column goes thru the firewall. In my NL I did drill a 1” hole with a hole saw and put a rubber grommet around that. If you drill be careful as to what’s on the other side!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

In SA we don't have to use a cutout switch & can simply use a "add a circuit" device that plugs into the fuse socket for the high beam fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet. Unsure if other states allow this method.

I believe there are also wireless remote switches that save having to run a cable through the firewall.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodMac View Post
I am contemplating fitting driving lights and ask if anyone knows a relatively easy or accessible way to get the cabling required for the cutout switch through the firewall, or do I have to simply drill a hole through the firewall.
And then I need to find a place to put said switch !
Any clues or advice appreciated.
2016 NX GLS.
Either rubber gromit on driver side. Thats abit small but poke a hole through it.

Easiest way but longer run is the passenget side massive loom rubber cover. two 10mm bolts and you are through!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Afaik in NSW you don't need an in-cabin switch either. As long as it's highbeam only
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I'd never be drilling through the firewall!

Plenty of places to go through - massive rubber grommet on passenger side is probably the easiest.
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

+1 on the "not drilling the firewall"
Too much stuff that can get injured.
I've always just poked wiring through existing rubber grommets.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Your really only talking about running 1 wire extra through, so the hard part is getting your hand in to send it through, next to an existing bundle. And as has be eluded to fuse taps are better than sex
Old 2 Weeks Ago

you can always use the accessory wires prefitted to the factory harness. There are three, factory towbar wiring uses 1, if you have trailer brakes you use another, so 1 is left. connector is 4 pin connector on inner guard (only has 3 wires) and the other end is in left hand kick panel in bottom corner
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DibbyDibbyDJ View Post
you can always use the accessory wires prefitted to the factory harness. There are three, factory towbar wiring uses 1, if you have trailer brakes you use another, so 1 is left. connector is 4 pin connector on inner guard (only has 3 wires) and the other end is in left hand kick panel in bottom corner
Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of this, if possible.