• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damo03
    • Dec 2012
    • Newcastle NSW &Melbourne VIC

long ranger tank installation

Hi All,

I'm looking to install a second hand 145l long ranger tank for my NL. The fitting instructions say that the tank needs a filler adapter for NJ and later models. From what I have read the factory tanks are the same from NH to NL so I am trying to predict whether I need to purchase this adapter.

The issue I can potentially see is that the filling nozzle on the tank is about 45mm while the long ranger nozzle is 50.

Can anyone with experience say whether the existing fuel hose from the filler to the tank will stretch or will I have to buy the adapter?
    2012 NW with some fruit
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by damo03 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking to install a second hand 145l long ranger tank for my NL. The fitting instructions say that the tank needs a filler adapter for NJ and later models. From what I have read the factory tanks are the same from NH to NL so I am trying to predict whether I need to purchase this adapter.

The issue I can potentially see is that the filling nozzle on the tank is about 45mm while the long ranger nozzle is 50.

Can anyone with experience say whether the existing fuel hose from the filler to the tank will stretch or will I have to buy the adapter?
    The NJ saw the introduction of the 3.5 V6 and 2.8td, which both came with a "factory body lift", which sat the body 30mm (based on calculations from my NJ manual) higher on the chassis.

Tank is mounted to chassis, filler is mounted to body, so some vehicles NJ onwards will have the filler and tank 30mm further apart.

I recommend finding an adaptor.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• gonzalo4to
      • Feb 2018
      • America

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      The NJ saw the introduction of the 3.5 V6 and 2.8td, which both came with a "factory body lift", which sat the body 30mm (based on calculations from my NJ manual) higher on the chassis.

Tank is mounted to chassis, filler is mounted to body, so some vehicles NJ onwards will have the filler and tank 30mm further apart.

I recommend finding an adaptor.
      So that's why I can see all the way through the other side inside the rear tire wells... interesting.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X