• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • munn
    • Mar 2018
    • Northern Territory

Kings dominatorx 9 inch spotlights

Hi, all
    I was after some advice on the new kings osram dominatorx 9 inch spotlights, I am unsure if the will fit on my pb challenger with an arb deluxe bar, going off the measurements they wont, but having said that, the top of the light should sit forward of the top tube, but am unsure of this without having the light to physically fit it. I emailed 4wdsupacentre and they said they will struggle to fit, but that means they can doesn't it???

If anyone has these on there ARB deluxe bar your comments would be appreciated, Thanks
    ARB Deluxe bar, Boo's bash plates Tinted windows, Toyo Open country AT2, Kings Dominatorx 9'' spotlights and 20'' slimline lightbar, gme uhf and working on other stuff.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Why not just use the 7" diameter version of the same light?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jackman
      • Dec 2010
      • Gold Coast

I have them on my ARB bar and they fit no problems.
      2021 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX. 18'' ROH Hostile wheels and 265/65/18 Yokohama tyres.

Comment

• munn
        • Mar 2018
        • Northern Territory

Old jack, yeah I was thinking about the 7s but kinda thort bigger better
        ARB Deluxe bar, Boo's bash plates Tinted windows, Toyo Open country AT2, Kings Dominatorx 9'' spotlights and 20'' slimline lightbar, gme uhf and working on other stuff.

Comment

• Rodt
          • Jun 2010
          • Gunnedah

I did a side by side comparison with a mate a couple of years back (he had 7" and I had the 9s) and no science or facts and the eyes aren't as good as they used to be but I couldn't see bugger all difference to be honest.

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
            • Feb 2017
            • victoria

I run the XRay vision 7 inch spots spread combo and find them pretty good.i don’t care what the kangaroo 2’kms down the road is doing,it’s the closer ones that can be in front of my car with two quick hops that I care about.
            The Xrays are all alloy body with stainless mounts and produce good light for night time country roads imo.
            Too much light often just creates bright feedback off roadside warning signs which means you have to go to low beam sometimes to not be blinded by it.
            The bulbs in the Xrays can also be upgraded without needing to upgrade the loom from memory
            2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• munn
              • Mar 2018
              • Northern Territory

Hi mate do you have the deluxe bar, and are they the new domininatorx osram lights, thanks

Comment

• munn
                • Mar 2018
                • Northern Territory

Do you have the deluxe bar, and r they the newest dominatorx 9 inch lights, thanks

Comment

• Jackman
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Gold Coast

Originally posted by munn View Post
                  Do you have the deluxe bar, and r they the newest dominatorx 9 inch lights, thanks

Yep the deluxe bar but not the latest spotties. Just going on the 9'' spotties fitting as they do fit foward of one of the bars.
                  2021 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX. 18'' ROH Hostile wheels and 265/65/18 Yokohama tyres.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Jackman View Post
                    Yep the deluxe bar but not the latest spotties. Just going on the 9'' spotties fitting as they do fit foward of one of the bars.

Which makes them illegal in Qld..Nothing allowed to protrude past front of bullbar..Does this include the nudge bar?....unsure. Bullbar/nudgebar....both designed to protect the vehicle involved in an accident.....could depend on mood of copper....
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• NWDarwin
                      • Jun 2018
                      • Canberra

I think he means forward of the top tube. Mine do the same but are still within the footprint of the whole bar.

Comment

• Jackman
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        [/COLOR]

Which makes them illegal in Qld..Nothing allowed to protrude past front of bullbar..Does this include the nudge bar?....unsure. Bullbar/nudgebar....both designed to protect the vehicle involved in an accident.....could depend on mood of copper....

Fit forward of the top bar but not the front of the bar.

Comment

• munn
                          • Mar 2018
                          • Northern Territory

Thanks for the info everyone, I have ordered these lights today, I will let you all know how I go with them.

Comment

• Lakey
                            • Apr 2012
                            • Brisbane

So how did you go, have them yet? And did you get the Plug and Play harness as well? If you did I'd be interested to know how you went with the instal.

I recently bought a set of 7inch lights and the harness as I thought it would be easier to wire up. More fool me!

First issue I found is that the plug that is supposed to go in the back of one high beam light is slightly different to the cars fitting. The car has two small rails in the bulb fitting to fit corresponding grooves in the power fitting. The kit fitting which is supposed to plug into the light fitting has a single narrower groove. First time around I forced it in which worked okay but distorted the fitting and I was concerned about it not sealing properly, bit of carving has now fixed that issue.

Second and main issue is I keep blowing the high beam fuse for the side I'm using, four or five done now as I try different things. The switch comes wired one way, where as the online instructions have two of the wires (black and white) reversed. I've discovered that if trying as per the online instructions is when the fuse blows. Set up doesn't work either way. And before anyone asks the lights do work when connected directly.

I returned the first harness I got as I figured it was faulty (apart from the H9 fitting issue) but the new harness does the same.

At a loss where to go now. Point of buying the harness was to avoid messing around trying to find connections etc (now spent several hours doing just that) or spending money on an auto sparky particularly since I've already spent $30 on the harness.

So anyone out there used one of these before and know the secret?
                            Cheers
                            Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• munn
                              • Mar 2018
                              • Northern Territory

I received these lights and the slim light bar yesterday, I will get around to doing this probably tomorrow or day after, hope I don't have this issue tho, what did you do to carve this or is it self explanatory when I get there

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X