Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 03-07-19

Default Protection from and cleaning of mud/sand

Surely due to my lack of previous experience with mud/sand driving, there are three questions I wanted to discuss.

1. After driving in deep mud I was surprised to find the engine all covered in mud even from the top. Is it ok/unavoidable, or can anything be done?

2. There's a lot of plastic parts around bumpers and wheel wells that are supposed to protect from mud I guess but in reality sand gets stuck everywhere between them and is very difficult to clean it out of there. Is it worth removing some of this plastic - maybe it will get dirtier without it but will also be easier to clean?

3. What's your usual washing procedure after mud/sand driving, what to pay attention to?