Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 29-10-18

Default Leaving Rear Door Open?

I find it handy to leave the rear door open when camping. I turn the interior light off so I don't drain the battery. Is this okay for the rear door or could it sag the door hinges over time?
Old 29-10-18
Valued Member

I leave mine open quite a bit to let the fridge get some air but not overnight. So far it's been fine. I changed all my interior lights to led so no issue if I forget to turn them off, which I've done often
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 30-10-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I leave mine open quite a bit to let the fridge get some air but not overnight. So far it's been fine. I changed all my interior lights to led so no issue if I forget to turn them off, which I've done often

Not sure about the older generation Pajeros but the gen 4, at least with the NX, all interior lights turn off after 30 minutes, whether manully turned on or automatically turned on with door.
Old 30-10-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Yeah same, I open up the back during the day to cool down the interior which helps save power for the fridge. Just have to watch out for the wind catching the huge rear door.
Old 30-10-18
Valued Member

I doubt any major sag would occur in my opinion.

Also if leaving a door open the interior lights will go out after ar9und 20 minutes or so in case you do forget.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 03-11-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspey View Post
Yeah same, I open up the back during the day to cool down the interior which helps save power for the fridge. Just have to watch out for the wind catching the huge rear door.
The metal check strap on the bottom of the door can lock the door open, so if a large gust of wind comes in it won't slam the door closed.
Old 05-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzap View Post
The metal check strap on the bottom of the door can lock the door open, so if a large gust of wind comes in it won't slam the door closed.
Unless the gust is too big and breaks the poorly designed mechanism which MM tend to then argue isn't a warranted item.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread