Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 01-08-18
Valued Member

Default Floor console question

Hi All,

I am wanting to fit a dual USB charger below the rear A/C controls. Has anyone with the rear A/C controls done something similar? Just want to know the best/easiest way to do it. I am getting one that is circular so just need a 1inch sized hole drilled.

Cheers,
Vlad
Old 01-08-18
Valued Member

See here
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...25&postcount=1

Pretty easy to do.
Socket is a little higher than I would have liked but there is a plastic thing in the back there for the LED footwell light.
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 01-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
See here
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...25&postcount=1

Pretty easy to do.
Socket is a little higher than I would have liked but there is a plastic thing in the back there for the LED footwell light.
Cheers Keith. Do you have a link to your charger? Also, how did your get to the inside of the console?
Old 01-08-18
Valued Member

Easy peasy. Open the lid and there are 2 or 4 screws inside the main part.
Remove the gearshift and 2wd/4wd selector (there are instructions on here for that)

Prise off the cup holder then the silver gear change surround part.
You'll then see a few more screws.
There may also be a few more screws in the side of the centre console towards the back (can't remember)

There'll be 3 or 4 plugs and sockets to disconnect, I think a power feed for the 12V socket inside the console (this is where you can tap into for the power), another small one for the LED light and a connector for the rear A/C.
Once off, take the whole thing to your bench.
I bared the wires feeding the 12V socket and connected into there for my USB socket.
I used this one. (The dual 2.1 A one so 4.2 Amp all up)
I measured it and it can actually supply full current out of both sockets at once

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142589914142

I used the smallest hole saw I had.
Be careful not to 'bottom out' the hole saw - the plastic will scratch and damage easily. I put tape on the main body of the hole saw to be sure.
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.