Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 02-08-18
Valued Member

I do short trips almost all the time. Having said that both of the cars get a good run on the weekends etc

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-18

Thanks everyone for your answers. Still undecided.

Thinking maybe I will go for a cheaper older Pajero 3.5 manual and recon the engine if needed. Just donít have the cash for anything over $12000 at the moment - kids school fees too exy.

Thanks

David
Old 03-08-18

I sold my pajero 3.2 and am now running petrol. The diesel would take a long time to get up to temp and when i drove it to the station itd still be not up to temp..

No good.
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

For what it is worth, my NW diesel takes at least 20 km of travel at 100 km/h on fairly flat country before it reaches 85 Deg C. Short runs are a no no for me - we use out Outlander as a shopping trolley and the Pajero for longer trips, although of late the Outie has been used for some longer (1000+ km) trips. But I much prefer the Pajero anyway...
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
For what it is worth, my NW diesel takes at least 20 km of travel at 100 km/h on fairly flat country before it reaches 85 Deg C. Short runs are a no no for me - we use out Outlander as a shopping trolley and the Pajero for longer trips, although of late the Outie has been used for some longer (1000+ km) trips. But I much prefer the Pajero anyway...

You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time.
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time.
My NW also only takes about 8 to ks to get up to temp. My NS takes longer but being a manual it has diffrent glow plugs. Having said that the NS takes ~20ks to get up to temp even on a cold frosty morning.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

NZ can be cold in the winter too.MY NT is producing warm air within 5 minutes, by 15 minutes its too hot to leave on say 22 .

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 03-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.

Sorry erad... I don't understand those numbers you posted. Here in Cairns single digit and minus numbers don't exist. Any number below 14 doesn't register..

lol
Old 03-08-18

Oh yeah i should mention, the magnetic fan clutch was worn on my pajero. It would get up to temperature reasonably quickly.

When I got to finally replace it took almost 2-3 times longer for it to get up to temperature.