Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-08-18
Seigried Seigried is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: brisbane
Posts: 480
Default

I do short trips almost all the time. Having said that both of the cars get a good run on the weekends etc

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-18
David V David V is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bendigo
Posts: 18
Default

Thanks everyone for your answers. Still undecided.

Thinking maybe I will go for a cheaper older Pajero 3.5 manual and recon the engine if needed. Just donít have the cash for anything over $12000 at the moment - kids school fees too exy.

Thanks

David
__________________
2001 NM Auto 3.5
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-08-18
rykiel575 rykiel575 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 293
Default

I sold my pajero 3.2 and am now running petrol. The diesel would take a long time to get up to temp and when i drove it to the station itd still be not up to temp..

No good.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-08-18
erad erad is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cooma NSW
Posts: 2,676
Default

For what it is worth, my NW diesel takes at least 20 km of travel at 100 km/h on fairly flat country before it reaches 85 Deg C. Short runs are a no no for me - we use out Outlander as a shopping trolley and the Pajero for longer trips, although of late the Outie has been used for some longer (1000+ km) trips. But I much prefer the Pajero anyway...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-08-18
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
For what it is worth, my NW diesel takes at least 20 km of travel at 100 km/h on fairly flat country before it reaches 85 Deg C. Short runs are a no no for me - we use out Outlander as a shopping trolley and the Pajero for longer trips, although of late the Outie has been used for some longer (1000+ km) trips. But I much prefer the Pajero anyway...

You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time.
__________________
NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-08-18
Seigried Seigried is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: brisbane
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time.
My NW also only takes about 8 to ks to get up to temp. My NS takes longer but being a manual it has diffrent glow plugs. Having said that the NS takes ~20ks to get up to temp even on a cold frosty morning.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-18
erad erad is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cooma NSW
Posts: 2,676
Default

Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-18
KiwiNTPajero's Avatar
KiwiNTPajero KiwiNTPajero is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Posts: 1,021
Default

NZ can be cold in the winter too.MY NT is producing warm air within 5 minutes, by 15 minutes its too hot to leave on say 22 .
__________________
2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps


"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-08-18
Dicko1's Avatar
Dicko1 Dicko1 is online now
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cairns, FNQ
Posts: 5,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Dicko1 wrote: "[B]You must be driving in very cold conditions. My NW Paj takes about 8 klms of 60-80 klm/hr driving to get to 87. Around 26 degrees outside. Friends Nw also takes the same time."[/B]

You are correct - even in summer here it still takes forever to warm up, but the morning temperatures are normally around 12 Degrees C as a maximum. In winter, the ambient temperature goes as low as -10 Deg C, although I try to still be in bed at that time. When I get up, it is normally around 5 Deg C outside. My wife's Outlander is pumping out warm air within 1 km.



Sorry erad... I don't understand those numbers you posted. Here in Cairns single digit and minus numbers don't exist. Any number below 14 doesn't register..


lol
__________________
NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-08-18
rykiel575 rykiel575 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 293
Default

Oh yeah i should mention, the magnetic fan clutch was worn on my pajero. It would get up to temperature reasonably quickly.

When I got to finally replace it took almost 2-3 times longer for it to get up to temperature.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short trips and a Diesel. Lance Generation 3 Pajero 2 18-01-17 07:59 PM
New in town jvdkooij Introductions 2 04-10-16 07:31 AM
Best for short trips Skexis Fuel and fuel systems 3 21-07-14 11:05 PM
Short trips ex Melbourne Emu Trekking around Oz 7 10-06-12 07:36 PM
New boy in town moist paj Generation 1 Pajero 11 25-10-11 04:17 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.