• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Liquimoly Diesel Engine Intake Decarb -incl video

Hi Guys,

I had a chance to run a can of the Liquimoly Diesel Engine Intake Decarb through the NT today.

I'd heard good reports on it and was more curious than any real requirement.

I don't have much time to be able to pull the intake apart to check it out properly as yet but will get around to that at a later date.

So whilst I can't guarantee any physical improvements following the clean, it certainly felt better after running the single can through.

From the throttle body it looked pretty clean, but obviously things get worse the further you get in.

As it's second hand, I don't really know if it's been done before but the services were kept up.

Over all. I'm pretty happy with the spend of 30 bucks for the test and happy with the results.....even if they are just in my head.

Curious if others have tried it and what they thought the results were ?

As per usual. Here's the vid.

cheers Brett
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Good video Brett. Thanks for sharing.

Benny.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Paj11
      • Jun 2017
      • Sydney

When I first bought the Paj my mechanic put two cans of the Subaru stuff, did it at 92k, so at least it dowsn’t harm it, it’s part of the Subaru serving schedule every 30k as they are notorious for clogging up the upper manifold, so no problems there.
      2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• denmonkey
        • Oct 2017
        • Newcastle NSW

no probs Benny. welcome

Cheers Paj11. That's good to hear.
        Some seem to think it's the end of the world but I'm yet to run into a confirmed example where it caused problems.
        Lots of debate as to the possible harms around where the deposits get to when removed.

If dealers and mechanics are using a similar process, I can't see it being that bad.

Either way, I thought I'd roll the dice and check it out and in the end I'm happy with the small improvement I got out of it

Comment

• rotare
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2007

I ran a can of that stuff through my Paj a few months ago. Brought it on special for like $15. For that price I thought it was worth just giving it a go. Was skeptical it was going to make any difference, but I reckon it made the car feel a little smoother and more responsive. I'd actually momentarily forgotten I'd ran a can through the car, and a few days later after the treatment I took the car for a drive and thought the car felt a bit more responsive and nicer to drive, then made the connection it was likely the result of the 'magic spray'

I've seen how hard the crud bakes onto the inlet manifold, so it clearly isn't removing that stuff. Maybe it just got rid of any oily residue? I've had my EGR blocked since the vehicle was almost new, but don't run a catch can.
          2013 NW VRX

Comment

• denmonkey
            • Oct 2017
            • Newcastle NSW

I think it might be like that magic water they put on the soccer players that heals them right up.

Glad it's not just me that thought it ran a bit better afterwards.

I might keep an eye out for a special and run another can through just for shits and giggles.

or at the very least, run one through just before i do each oil change.

I also did the diesel purge based on the thread in this forum but didn't notice much of a change.

Comment

• Seigried
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2016
              • brisbane

Here was the intake on my ns when i bought it at 231000ks. It has the revised nt manifold. The second pic is half a can of molly with the engine warm and only allowed to idle.

It does make a diffrence, but its a maintenance item/cost to maintain a "clean" manifold. One like mine needs removed and done properly.

I did run the rest of the can through at a later date with some help. I also ran diesel purge plus through at that time. Between the two it restored a significant amount of fuel economy to my ns.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• denmonkey
                • Oct 2017
                • Newcastle NSW

Hey Seigried,

that's a good pic you got there. I'll stick a torch up mine to check it out. I might snag one of those cheap cameras to stick up there and check it out.

Since I only did it on the weekend I haven't paid too much attention to the fuel usage or any change.

Heading on a small trip this weekend with some freeway work for a section, so that will give me a chance to see.

Not expecting miracles, but would be nice though...especially with the price of diesel at the mo

Comment

• brianjamo
                  • May 2016
                  • Engadine, NSW

On special at Supercheap this weekend $20. I've just ordered an ebay cheapie endoscope camera so will try and get some before and after pics. Car is an NT diesel 200k's, EGR resistor at 160k's, otherwise no catch can, manifold treatment or cleaning. Full synthetic oil on short changes.
                  2009 NT VRX Diesel, electric brake controller, spare wheel lift kit, ECB alloy bar, Kings lightbar and Hella driving lights, Boos bash plates, EGT pyrometer, EGR resistor mod (switchable), soon to have 2" lift, TC mod, breathers.
                  Retired - NH GLS 2.5 Diesel
                  Retired - Patrol MQ shorty diesel

Comment

• denmonkey
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Newcastle NSW

thanks for the heads up Brian. Interested to hear how you go with the scope.

Comment

• gregp
                      • Aug 2015
                      • Adelaide

Hi guys,

I did an in-depth test of this product, followed by a full strip-down. I'll also be doing a 5000km follow-up video showing how it works as a maintenance product.

If you're interested, check out https://youtu.be/gcP5Z2Kc7X0

Cheers,
                      Greg
                      NW Platinum 4M41

Comment

• Garc
                        • May 2015
                        • Perth

Good video, thanks. Will be interested to see the follow up
                        Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• gregp
                          • Aug 2015
                          • Adelaide

Glad you enjoyed it Garc, hope you've subscribed so you'll get the notification when the follow-up's live!

Cheers,
                          Greg
                          NW Platinum 4M41

Comment

• gregp
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                            Good video, thanks. Will be interested to see the follow up

You asked!​ I've just posted the 5000km follow-up video investigating how well it works as a maintenance product on an already fairly-clean manifold.

Cheers,
                            Greg​
                            NW Platinum 4M41

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X