Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 26-03-18
Valued Member

The chances of my wife mis-fueling my Triton are effectively zero. She rarely puts fuel in her ASX (I get to do that more often than not), and if she is about to use my vehicle and she thinks the amount of fuel on board may not get her to her destination and back, she asks (tells) me to go and fill it up for her.

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Bugger for you Steve! I am paranoid about putting the wrong fuel in my Paj. My wife's car is a petrol Focus which I usually take to work and when I do I fill it up meaning I fill both cars generally. Touch wood, I'm yet to get it wrong.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Surely those diesel only caps would be sealed against dust etc? And surely if you needed to top up from a Jerry can you could just unscrew the thing and pour it in as normal? Or am I missing something?

ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

"Diesel Fill" is a insert that screws into your existing filler that only allows only a diesel nozzle to be inserted, you do however have to remove it if using jerry cans to refuel or a pump nozzle that is the wrong diameter. If you could find a funnel that was the correct diameter then that might solve the jerry can/hand pump refuelling issue.

https://www.responsiveengineering-au...ing-prevention

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

I have painted the inside surface of my fuel filler flap in bright orange paint. When you open the door, it smack you in the face. Even so, I am still scared of sing the wrong pump nozzle. There is no guarantee that some clown didn't deliberately switch nozzles in the multi-outlet bowsers which are used these days. At least if diesel is issued from a stand-alone bowser a mixup is less likely.
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Ahh, so that one looks the goods. A cap to seal it. By the sounds of it you can only remove it using tools. Not a big deal though as how often do you use a Jerry can.

Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Gday steve,

Sorry to hear of the mishap, any news back yet?

I mentioned to the wife about what occured to you and the story. After a short time she says " Are you telling me because you think I'll do it?"

I didnt have the heart to tell her the truth.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintas View Post
I mentioned to the wife about what occured to you and the story. After a short time she says " Are you telling me because you think I'll do it?"

I didnt have the heart to tell her the truth.
There’s a bit of a theme here... I also had a similar discussion with my wife too

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 27-03-18
Valued Member

Haha......we're all that little bit worried!!

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 27-03-18

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my wife putting the wrong fuel in. I'm sure she hasn't put fuel in a car since 1998 when we moved in together . Mind you she hasn't washed a car since then either .