• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Suction control valve - do you need to match the number to avoid relearn

I've got many of the symptoms of the scv needing replacing and hopefully its a cheap and easy fix.

I've been looking online and can't seem to find it clarified anywhere as to the need to match the SCV number with the pump number.

Some indicate that they supply an SCV that will match any pump (and are mostly silent on the relearn) whereas other sources indicate that you can match the numbers and get a better outcome and avoid the relearn.

I understand that the relearn isn't essential on the ones that match any pump but I'm the sort of person who'd need to have it done for peace of mind.

Hopefully somebody can set me straight.

Cheers

Sam
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I too have read confusion about the need to do a relearn. I “think” that it should run ok without one but you might get better economy and smoother running after a relearn. I’d instal it and see how it goes.

Make sure you have a look at the SCV - you need to match the external length (they come in long & short) and the ‘cap’ colour.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X