Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 22-07-15
Valued Member

the abstract said it all!
Old 23-07-15

Still makes you wonder though why Baily's diesel alone have repaired some 7000 common rail injectors with worn spindles well before their recommended service life if our diesel was up to scratch as described in the article.
They have started coating injector surfaces with very hard materials to try and stop wear from occurring so soon. Helps with injector rattle which is caused by the above issue.

Cheers,
Old 23-07-15
Valued Member

2-stroke oil will increase the OZ-value (Oktan) of diesel oil by 3 to 5 points (OZ=x*OZ("2-T oil) + (1-x)* OZ (diesel fuel)). 2-stroke oil does not contain any Zinc-components, and metal-organic additives are virtually absent. This is the main reason why 2-stroke oil burnes cleaner than diesel oil.

Makes the report from Jeff bs. Claims there is zinc in the 2 stroke.
I have read quite a few long winded reports on the addition of 2 stroke to diesel and it has definitely been proven to be beneficial. I use it at 250 t0 1 and will continue to. I also add the fuel enhancer fro CEM. Do not use synthetic 2 stroke. Castrol 2T is on special at supercreep at 25% off for 2 days.
Old 23-07-15

Makes the report from Jeff bs.

Bah mate. I am only the messenger. Must admit I do talk BS sometimes.
Old 03-11-15

so have started using the CEM products in the NW paj and the 2003 rodeo
Am so impressed by the difference it has made to both vehicles.
The Paj runs smoother and is much quieter than before with excellent acceleration and I believe it is showing better fuel economy. But have more tanks of fuel to go before I can prove that.

The real improvement has been in the 2003 Rodeo ( now at 380000k)
the turbo lag is all but gone the injector rattle is next to nothing and is probably the tappets needing adjustment.
Fuel economy is yet to be noted as the other half only does 80 K's a week in it.
But the minister for war is also impressed by the improvement in the rodeo and the Paj. To the point that she has commented on the difference.
I have used other products to clean/clear the injectors but this one has made the difference.

Now I sound like an advert but credit where it is due
Old 05-11-15

I am glad you have noticed the difference.
I have touted them for ages but many won't go there.
I get on average say 50 kays per tank more when using the ftc and cleanpower mixed together as well as the benefits of the driveability which is certainly noticable and must be a considerable improvement in combution efficiency to do that.
My engine oil analysis reports show a big reduction of soot and fuel dilution too, but it is the drivability that is the instant return.
I recently persuaded my scepticle friend to finally put one treatment in his 3.2 which I have come to use in the np into his tank to see what he thought.
Lets just say he quite likes the difference with the increased power and reduced turbo lag, and that is high praise from him,. I have only mixed quite a gentle treatment for his first tankfull.
I have run the 2 stroke oil, Bitron diesel additive and the CEM stuff for decades and they all have a benefit, no question about it, they just go about it in a different way and depending on what you want to achieve from using them, will point you in one direction or the other. If my better half can notice a difference then it is that obvious, believe me. You know blind freddie and all that.

Cheers,
Old 05-11-15

Location: Millicent, SA near some of the best sand/beach driving in Australia

Basil, you keep referring to "a tank". How big is your tank? Just asking because it will help with ratio of additive to fuel. I have used 2T in my diesels for 20 years (made a huge difference to my old TD42 Patrol engine), but now thinking maybe go new technology.
Old 06-11-15

The np has a 91 liter tank or there abouts.
I have never got the full 91 in unless the servo is on a slight lean forward as you fill up, which must be to do with the inlet pipe arangement or venting of vapours or something.
I have found after doing some fairly stringent fuel tests doing the same drive at the same speed and being as consisitant at take off etc as is possible (bit boring I know), that I average 9.1 to 9.5 liters per hundred kays. On a set run at 100 kph though it is 8.5-8.7 per hundred.
These are dead honnest figures too, as I don't fool myself.
I have done numerous engine oil additive treatments since getting the vehicle and they have added around 5% to the ecconomy in general, but reduced engine wear considerably according to the oil analysis reports.

The fuel treatments which ia a cleanpower and ftc mix, adds on average 50 kms per 80 liters of fuel due to the fact that I won't run it too low. This is based on how many liters go into the tank at fill up until the fuel is up to the filler cap, verses kms travelled.

My intentions with the 3.2 non common rail has been to see how it reacts to various changes in oil and fuel additives while watching the oil analysis results.
The bottom line is that I quite love this engine and may throw things ou ta bit out once I get the ecu reflash done next month.

Am I strange or what.

Cheers,
Old 10-11-15

Well am I .
Old 10-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Well am I .

Need more time for the jury to make a decision...Hung jury at the moment. Have you been tested for insanity before?. Not a hard test. I just passed, but I know dad had to splash some cash!!!!