Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 20-07-15

Default Cost Effective Maintenance FTC DECARBONIZER

Has anyone come across CEM FTC Decarbonizer??
According to them, it will reduce/remove the carbon buildup that plagues Pajero's with an EGR. Have attached the SPV mod, but wondering whether this might help too. Could all be snake oil though??
Have heard good reports of their CRD Fuel Enhancer on this forum, but haven't heard anyone's thoughts on their decarbonizer.
Website attached:
http://www.costeffective.com.au

Appreciate some thoughts

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter
Old 20-07-15
Valued Member

Reading through the details on that product it seems intended for internal engine use, not intake manifolds. If you were to use it on a manifold and it did lift even some of the carbon deposit off then where would all that crap go? Straight into your engine. Don't think I'd like to do that to mine.
Old 21-07-15

Have used it for ever, but it won't clear out your intake manifold as the FTC needs approx 200 degrees C to start oxidising the carbon off.
There may be a gentle scrubbing action at various loads with the egr hooked up normally, but that working period won't be sustained under normal driving conditions, particularly seeing that you have the egr mod installed.
Easy to remove and scrub it clean if it is in a bad state.

Cheers,
Old 21-07-15

Thanks guys.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Sam

Old 21-07-15

I'm on my first tank of diesel using it. Too early to say but I will also be adding the cleanpower product from the next tank. I've been getting a bit of smoke from the exhaust and before I start looking at injectors wanted to see if this would help.

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page
Old 21-07-15

Hi Pilks,

I've just purchased the CRD fuel enhancer & am about to start using it.
Sounds worthwhile for a couple of bucks a tank of diesel.

Sam

Old 21-07-15

Pilks I would probably just run a couple of tanks of the ftc through the old girl first just to clean up the injector tips, injector pump and piston crowns, then run the clean power and see how it goes. I find 50ml per tank is sufficient to clean, or until you hear the engine knock increase slightly.
The only reason I say that is because the ftc burns off the carbon quite quickly depending on the engine load. The higher the cylinder temperature, the quicker the removal will be including the turbo exhaust impellar, exhaust valves and exhaust spaces that run over 200 degrees.

I make a mix of 30 mls of ftc and 25 mls of the clean power which goes into every tank when I fill up. Adjust the levels when you fill up depending on how much is left in the tank of coarse.
I have noticed that the 3.2 loves this mix once the engine is clean, which for me took a few tankfulls of the ftc.

Cheers,
Old 21-07-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Pilks I would probably just run a couple of tanks of the ftc through the old girl first just to clean up the injector tips, injector pump and piston crowns, then run the clean power and see how it goes. I find 50ml per tank is sufficient to clean, or until you hear the engine knock increase slightly.
The only reason I say that is because the ftc burns off the carbon quite quickly depending on the engine load. The higher the cylinder temperature, the quicker the removal will be including the turbo exhaust impellar, exhaust valves and exhaust spaces that run over 200 degrees.

I make a mix of 30 mls of ftc and 25 mls of the clean power which goes into every tank when I fill up. Adjust the levels when you fill up depending on how much is left in the tank of coarse.
I have noticed that the 3.2 loves this mix once the engine is clean, which for me took a few tankfulls of the ftc.

Cheers,
Thanks for the tip. I did the double dose for the first tank and was planning on a 40-50ml dose for the next tank. I've been noticing a fair bit of white smoke on this tank. It was not there before - just some puffs of black stuff when under load / going up hills etc.
I was about to use the clean power and FTC together on tank #2 but may now heed your advice and do a few tanks of just FTC before introducing the clean power. The idea of the cleanpower was to treat the injectors.

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page
Old 21-07-15

It's a long read but worth it.

http://www.fuelexpert.co.za/2-stroke...ical-study.php
Old 22-07-15

Enjoyed the read Jeff, thanks.