X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris74
    • Jun 2014
    • adelaide

I mounted mine on the LH inner skirt in the engine bay at the rear near the fire wall. I have the ARB dual battery tray which has the batteries in line with each other instead off the rear one turned 90 degrees and fits in nice and neat there.

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

I mounted mine alongside my Lifepo4 battery in a cavity I built into my drawer system. Plumbed with SS tube and fittings to a quick connect at the rear.

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Kumabear
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2013
        • Sydney, Macarther Region

Today I learned 2 things.

1. Steve you are a show off... jokes awesome setup man

2. Lifepo4 battery needs to be on my wishlist.
        2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• Rovingman
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2014
          • Blue mountains

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
          I mounted mine alongside my Lifepo4 battery in a cavity I built into my drawer system. Plumbed with SS tube and fittings to a quick connect at the rear.

Very impressive steve!! Can it fly!!
          Pajero NT RX 2011
          Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
          LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
            Very impressive steve!! Can it fly!!
            Not Yet, but I'm working on it
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dion
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Chris74 View Post
              I mounted mine on the LH inner skirt in the engine bay at the rear near the fire wall. I have the ARB dual battery tray which has the batteries in line with each other instead off the rear one turned 90 degrees and fits in nice and neat there.
              Got any photos? I'm toying with doing that too but can't quite see how it would fit easily.
              2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• koshari
                • Oct 2018
                • gippsland

Originally posted by Stonka610c View Post
                Hi Wanderer. I installed mine in behind the LHR interior trim. There is plenty of room in there and a reasonably flat section of floor panel to mount it to. I'll get around to tidying up the hose one day, for now it just exits where the old 3rd row seat hinges were. Made sense in my case as I already had heavy cable from the Aux battery running down this side to the rear. It's been working trouble free in this spot for a year now.

Just had a look in ours and that looks like an excellent suggestion. May i ask if you had to remove the tray besides the drink bottle wells from the plastic moulded trim for more height?

Comment

• vk7hch
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Kingston Beach, Tasmania

I have utilized the sub-woofer cutout and placed my ARB compressor in the void behind it. I have 2G cable to the rear already, the wiring is kept short. Then it feeds into a 6L receiver tank. Blue line heads to the front diff locker.
                  Attached Files
                  2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

• koshari
                    • Oct 2018
                    • gippsland

Vk7 i are assuming this is the rear left hand side going off the cargo barrier to the right of the pic and the top of the wheel arch adjacent to it?
                    You dont have any intention of replacing the trim i imagine looking at the ball valve you have installed in the body cavity?
                    Do you have a drain on the air receiver?
                    Last edited by koshari; 30-10-18, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• vk7hch
                      • Oct 2013
                      • Kingston Beach, Tasmania

The ball valve is a bypass for the waterpump, also fitted into the same cavity at the bottom, it allows me to fill the bladder without pushing the water through the pump.
                      I have no plans on replacing the lining, but I will carpet it soon.
                      The drain is on the bottom of the tank.
                      2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

• koshari
                        • Oct 2018
                        • gippsland

So the drain is accessable from the outside of the vehicle?

Looking at your pic your model as wuite different to our NT. The NT doesnt appear to gave as much accessibility sub floor level so a air receiver could be out of the question . It also has 2 mounting studs spot welded to the base plate which are a unutilised.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2014
                          • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by koshari View Post
                          Just had a look in ours and that looks like an excellent suggestion. May i ask if you had to remove the tray besides the drink bottle wells from the plastic moulded trim for more height?
                          are you talking the drink bottle holder sorta on top of the rear wheel trim.That is held in place from underneath with two large screws.Well it WAS on mine.
                          2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                          BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• koshari
                            • Oct 2018
                            • gippsland

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                            are you talking the drink bottle holder sorta on top of the rear wheel trim.That is held in place from underneath with two large screws.Well it WAS on mine.
                            Nah, I mean the 2 steel screws mounted to lugs that are spot welded to the flat floor panel below the lower trim, you can see/feel them placing your hand in through the 3rd row door hinge cover, they are obviously factory because they are sprayed with the interior paint, but i havnt been able to find any evidence of what they are for.

is there a subwoofer mounted there in the premium model?

this is an NT btw.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • Brisbane

This was the first setup I tried.

Compressor in the boot 3rd row seat well. It changed over time with dividers to stop stump bumping into it, then fans to get more air flow. Constantly blew fuses on one motor. Turned out it had a dodgy motor so I took that one off and made it into a single and no problems since.

Then I got a new compressor and mounted it in the engine bay when I moved the second battery to the 3rd row seat well, this was so I could fit a proper size battery. Used the space and brackets in the engine bay for the compressor.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Flying
                                • Jul 2016
                                • Sydney

Originally posted by P4J3R0 View Post
                                Then I got a new compressor and mounted it in the engine bay when I moved the second battery to the 3rd row seat well, this was so I could fit a proper size battery. Used the space and brackets in the engine bay for the compressor.

Timely post, I'm just about to put in a second battery tray and mount an ARB compressor on it... any issues or tips in that location? Do you just use the existing air filters or do you use the extensions?
                                White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X