Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 21-02-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster72 View Post
I hear what your saying, but after a lot of asking both here & two local 4x4 shops who deal with long ranger, didn't give me confidence when I was enquiring about the set up & installation hence me travelling from western Sydney to Artarmon Automotive, as they knew the ins & outs about my paj. They even said they usually have them in stock but just sold the last one!
That was me, Eddie installed mine on Friday! He remarked on there being a bit of run on aux tanks They always do great work there, one of the best mechanics I have dealt with over the years.

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 21-02-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter1 View Post
That was me, Eddie installed mine on Friday! He remarked on there being a bit of run on aux tanks They always do great work there, one of the best mechanics I have dealt with over the years.

Cheers,
Stephen
That's cool Stephen, great service down there at artarmon, wasn't close to home,but don't mind the travel for good service.
Cheers Bryan
2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!
Old 22-02-15

Good to see so many people using Ed and Chris,

Seriously good mechanics.
Old 22-02-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloa9061 View Post
Good to see so many people using Ed and Chris,

Seriously good mechanics.
Just harder to get a booking now but definitely worth the wait.

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 22-02-15
Valued Member

You are not wrong there - I've known them and been going to them for over 25 years and even I have to wait longer now - ha ha ha
Old 13-03-15

made a cover out of a truck mud flap as I think the hoses were prone to damadge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5053.JPG (136.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5054.JPG (148.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5055.JPG (107.8 KB, 123 views)
2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!
Old 18-12-15
Valued Member

Thanks to the info in this forum I've now had a 58L tank fitted to my NX (with rear AC) by LRA in Lilydale (Melb). The guys were very helpful and I'll be going back to discuss some springs soon. They use Kings and recommend them and some air bags.

The cost was around $1700 fitted and about $250 cheaper than I was quoted at ARB for the comparable Long Ranger.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 26-02-16
Valued Member

I was just having a read of the Brown Davis LRA website to find the statement:
Quote:
NEW AUXILIARY FUEL TANK GAUGE AND BUZZER

NOW SUPPLIED WITH MOST BROWN DAVIS AUXILIARY TANKS

FUEL PUMPS BURNING OUT IS NOW A THING OF THE PAST. BROWN DAVIS HAS DEVELOPED A NEW AUXILIARY FUEL TANK GUAGE, SWITCH AND BUZZER UNIT TO BE SUPPLIED WITH MOST BROWN AUXILIARY FUEL TANKS. THE SMALL UNIT IS NO BIGGER THEN A 10C COIN AND CAN BE MOUNTED NICELY IN VEHICLES DASHES.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 26-02-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Never heard of one burning out yet. They are designed to run dry for a period without issue. Must be the crappy part BD supplies?

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 26-02-16
Valued Member

Exactly..

A Buzzer on the pump when it runs dry is not a new thing..
My LRA one has had one since it was installed. When it runs dry it lets you know by making a loud tick tick tick noise.. I've never needed anything louder - it works perfect.