Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 06-03-14

Exclamation Confused about paint codes

Hi all

I have a 2003 Exceed and want to touch up the paintwork (Black with Silver trim). The plate says the code for the body paint is DR. However, Autobahn have no paint that matches this code - is there an alternate code that I should be looking for.

All help greatly appreciated

Regards Kevin
Old 06-03-14
Valued Member

There should be a code with 1 letter and 2 numbers....

Mine said CX, i kept looking and found A09 which is my colour....

From memory, one was on the plate on the firewall and the other was on the sticker in the door jam.... cant remember which code was on which plate though....

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
| Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
| Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
| GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |
Old 07-03-14

I'm really surprised Autobharn can't find your paint, I recently got my paint mixed from them after I gave them my 2 letter code found on the plate on the firewall. The guy looked it up on the computer and found it straight away.

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.
Old 07-03-14
Valued Member

The two letter code is generally an oem specific paint.
I'll look up the code where I search for paints, did it for a gen1 owner the other day who had a not so common blue with two letter code and no shop could identify it, not even mits. I found it in 5mins lol
Old 07-03-14
Valued Member

Once you find the correct code on the data plate, these sites may help you work out the name of the colour:
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...ubishi_A-L.htm
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...ubishi_M-Z.htm
Cheers, Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 07-03-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
The two letter code is generally an oem specific paint.
I'll look up the code where I search for paints, did it for a gen1 owner the other day who had a not so common blue with two letter code and no shop could identify it, not even mits. I found it in 5mins lol
Thanks Pauly
Old 07-03-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
There should be a code with 1 letter and 2 numbers....

Mine said CX, i kept looking and found A09 which is my colour....

From memory, one was on the plate on the firewall and the other was on the sticker in the door jam.... cant remember which code was on which plate though....
Thanks Matt - all I can find on the door jambs is the recommended tyre pressures
Old 07-03-14
Valued Member

Found this where I'd made a note a while ago - it might be useful as well ...

http://www.pocuk.com/paintcodes.txt

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 08-03-14
Valued Member

Only match to DR I could find that comes close to your description was a mazda silver.

Here is the link, click on color finder and then accept terms and conditions then do an advanced search using mitsubishi as manufacturer and then put year model in and have a flick through. You can sort by colour categories like blacks, blues etc as well

http://www.spieshecker.com/portal/link/colorfinder
Old 08-03-14
Valued Member

Found a DR code for mitsubishi bit is showing as a Pearl silver....
Keep looking for the other code I reckon!

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
| Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
| Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
| GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |