Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 17-04-12
Valued Member

cheers Wayne,, im convinced mine will be in a similar state,, will get right on it
thanks mate.
NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax
Old 17-04-12

Default HMM Thanks very much

Well done buddy, just exactly what i think has happened, Last 18 months has been 2 big central Aus trips in convoy, I get a muddy smell when i whack the air on if it has not been used for a couple of days. So this is very much on the to do list now. (with every thing else)
Great post and so informative.
I love this forum
DEC 2002 NP GLS 3.2 DID, Pajero, Dark Blue, ARB Winchbar, 9000lb XM Winch, Ultima 175 Blue Lights , 2" lift, Polyair red bags, Cooper ST Shoes, Diff & Trans Breathers, Snorkel, Uniden UHF, ABR Sidewinder Dual batt Management, and the Original one and only CFC Camper Trailer (Cowan Family Camper)

"If your not living life on the edge, your taking up too much space!"
Old 19-04-12

Hi am75wcr,

Does it look possible to remove the evap coil from where you were at without removing the dashboard?

Mine has a leak.

dude.
Old 19-04-12
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Hi am75wcr,

Does it look possible to remove the evap coil from where you were at without removing the dashboard?

Mine has a leak.

dude.
To be honest I didn't really have that close a look, I just had a closer look at my photos and I think the whole air box would need to come out. As to the ability to get the air box out without taking out the dash I really don't know but it think it would be dash out.
And no I am not going to be the pioneer on that.

Just checked the workshop manual DASH OUT

Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Last edited by amr75wcr; 19-04-12 at 08:02 PM.
Old 19-04-12

Old 06-01-13

Thumbs up

Just done the cabin filter mod by Wayne:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=23100
Very straight forward thanks mate.

Bought the filter from him at A Cullen & Sons:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=27930
Great price and even better service - you can't go wrong.

Then cleaned out the evaporator detailed in this post. The evaporator wasn't as bad as in Waynes pics but the amount of leaves and dirt and crap that was clogging the drain hole was certainly the cause of the wet smelly carpet because the water couldn't get away.

I had to put a hose up the drain pipe were it comes out next to the gearbox to try and clear it out. I couldn't believe the amount of debris that kept coming out. I alternated from hosing the evaporator then back up the drain pipe a few times before it started running clear. I had someone in the cab telling me when to stop squirting so I didn't fill up the box too much. She also had a hook to snag some of the larger bits that wouldn't fit down the drain.

Fingers crossed there'll be no more smelly carpet or iceing up.
This problem has been annoying the crap out of me for a few years now and as usual the local MM dealer was useless .

One thing I did find when I removed the centre air duct, was the resister that screws in under it (in your first pic) is rusted.
What does it do and does rust = stuffed?

Cheers

Cameron
Old 06-01-13
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to steveandviv

Yea, me too. Busy weekend. To hot though at the moment.
2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/
Old 07-01-13
Valued Member

I believe your resistor block is for the different fan speeds, it's in the duct to keep it cool. Should be right until the fan stops working (if it ever does).
2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.
Old 07-01-13

Smile

Thanks Paul
96 NM 3.2 DiD, 2" lift, King springs, OME Nitrocharger Sports, Mickey Thompson 4 rib ATZ, 40L Engel, Custom drawers, pirahna 180 dual bty system, GME TZ 3340 UHF, Rhino Rack, Fox Wing with LED's, Narva Ultima 225 spotties, laptop with Ozi Explorer, chequer plate bash plates.
To Do: Heavy Duty side steps/sliders, winch, chip, 3" exhaust...
Old 07-01-13
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld View Post
I believe your resistor block is for the different fan speeds, it's in the duct to keep it cool. Should be right until the fan stops working (if it ever does).
Yes the resistor is in the duct for cooling and it will eventually fail, first indication will be the loss of a single fan speed, from memory about $60-70 from mm
Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj