Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Interesting story. Was relaying this to some friends of ours. They said their cx5 mazda was recently giving issues at least a year out of warranty, went to a few workshops who couldn't figure out what was happening. Sent them to mazda, who decided to swap the engine for free even though it was out of warranty. They didn't ask or anything, just did it for them
Old 1 Week Ago

I think John Cadogan sums it up best. https://youtu.be/iys9HibzFME
2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alben View Post
I think John Cadogan sums it up best. https://youtu.be/iys9HibzFME

Speaks my language. He,s right too....you,d have to be a bloody masochist to buy a jeep....
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Speaks my language. He,s right too....you,d have to be a bloody masochist to buy a jeep....
Or just not buy into all the media bull$#%t. Jeep are no worse than any other manufacturer. Were's the same level of bashing for Toyota's and their DPFs, Ford's and their gearboxes, Nissan's hand grenade engines? The list goes on. The guy who had the destroy my jeep campaign did a lot of damage but also achieved a lot of good for the Jeep brand. I wonder if there should be a destroy my Toyota campaign? I bet we would see the same people come out and start bashing them too (and probably have never owned one just like they've never owned a Jeep).

Reading this same crap from the regular Jeep bashers over and over again gets a bit tiring.

And where is Codogan's video (or the rest of the media for that matter) explaining how Jeep will be fixing the car?
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:

Hey Dicko.

There is a 25 year old stunner who works in a coffee shop I frequent that owns a jeep Cherokee. Must as her if she's a masochist.

Could be fun.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
We should all buy Electric vehicles & save the planet

Check out this quotation

https://autoexpert.com.au/videoblog/...placement-bill
Old 1 Week Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

The follow up makes good viewing too:

https://youtu.be/obLqQHoTufs

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u View Post
Or just not buy into all the media bull$#%t. Jeep are no worse than any other manufacturer. Were's the same level of bashing for Toyota's and their DPFs, Ford's and their gearboxes, Nissan's hand grenade engines? The list goes on. The guy who had the destroy my jeep campaign did a lot of damage but also achieved a lot of good for the Jeep brand. I wonder if there should be a destroy my Toyota campaign? I bet we would see the same people come out and start bashing them too (and probably have never owned one just like they've never owned a Jeep).

Reading this same crap from the regular Jeep bashers over and over again gets a bit tiring. Especially as there is a hell of a lot of pissed off owners of jeeps.

And where is Codogan's video (or the rest of the media for that matter) explaining how Jeep will be fixing the car?

Sales figures reflect the attitude of people to jeep vehicles. Buyers are getting smarter, due to easy fact checking on google, social media and word of mouth. Media bullshit helps people buy cars. Seen bugger all media beat ups about the Pajero...or is this just a media cover up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (71.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Dicko1; 1 Week Ago at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Sales figures reflect the attitude of people to jeep vehicles. Buyers are getting smarter, due to easy fact checking on google, social media and word of mouth. Media bullshit helps people buy cars. Seen bugger all media beat ups about the Pajero...or is this just a media cover up?
Pretty much sums it up...

There was a part media beat up on the Par recall due to I believe a steering arm issue on the latest model Paj..but it is how the vehicle manufacturers deal with the issues that can sway the potential buyer...
Jeep...it is the importer / manufacturer which has let the product down with their absolute contempt towards their customers, their stonewalling, denighing and outright ignorance...not once, but on numerous occasions.
The Jeep was a 2013 model and had a second owner...eventually the owner had to revert to media "shaming" to have their complaint seriously looked at by the manufacturer / importer..it just adds another black mark and prejudice against the product.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
I count 4 Jeeps, 2 of which are Grand Cherokees on my street. No doubt they are popular despite reported issues. I think the only redeeming factor is they look nice.
And if you drive one they are great, car like, 3500kg towing capacity, heaps of grunt and class leading fuel economy.

Sadly all of that means nothing when your
1. broken down
2. trying to sell a make and model with known issues

If only they were made in Japan