Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Gen 1 Driveline compatibility

HI Guys,
so i am restoring a Gen 1 SWB with an Astron head and i am struggling to find some driveline parts. The truck needs a tailshaft, i have one here that is missing the yoke that slides into the gearbox but for the life of me i cant seem to find any wreckers that would still have a new tailshaft. I have contacted my local driveshaft shops who cant help me unless i have a yoke to show them or better yet, supply a new Yoke. All of them tell me its going to be a pain to find. So my question is, do any of the newer gen trucks use the same driveline components? at a guess, the LWB and SWB should be compatible but a Gen 2 driveshaft wont fit up on a Gen 1 box?

These old trucks are new to me but i am pumped to get this thing back to its former glory and hit some tracks.

Cheers
Old 1 Week Ago

I believe (but am not 100% certain) that a gen 2 yoke should work with a gen 1. I would head down to a diy auto wrecker, take a tail shaft / yoke from a gen 2 and give it a try. Check with the wrecking yard but most of them you can return parts if they are not suitable.

Other option is the likes of megazip https://www.megazip.net/ they do carry pretty much every part for these old pajeros however can be somewhat pricey.