Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 11-06-18

Haven't had mine long, but no issues so far. Still getting used to not having an accurate DTE displayed on the trip computer. Feels like I'm back in 1980 having to reset my trip meter and work out how far I've got left
Old 26-12-18
Valued Member

I notice in the recent issue of RV Daily (034) that they have the ARB tank mentioned as follows:

If you like to go the distance in you Mitsubishi Pajero, you no longer have to worry about running out of fuel thanks to ARBís new long-range Frontier fuel tank. The Frontier offers a 58 percent increase in fuel capacity, so you will now be able to get 100 litres out of a tank Ė great news for remote travellers! The tanks are a seamless, one-piece tank shaped to fit the underbody of your vehicle without affecting ground clearance, and made from Crosslink Polymer, a durable, flexible and lightweight material that will withstand the harshest off-road conditions.

I'd like to know who taught them maths. An extra 40L isn't a 58% increase and the capacity is 128L, not 100.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 26-12-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I notice in the recent issue of RV Daily (034) that they have the ARB tank mentioned as follows:

If you like to go the distance in you Mitsubishi Pajero, you no longer have to worry about running out of fuel thanks to ARBís new long-range Frontier fuel tank. The Frontier offers a 58 percent increase in fuel capacity, so you will now be able to get 100 litres out of a tank Ė great news for remote travellers! The tanks are a seamless, one-piece tank shaped to fit the underbody of your vehicle without affecting ground clearance, and made from Crosslink Polymer, a durable, flexible and lightweight material that will withstand the harshest off-road conditions.

I'd like to know who taught them maths. An extra 40L isn't a 58% increase and the capacity is 128L, not 100.
Perhaps they mean Pajero Sport?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 26-12-18
Valued Member

Quite possible, I hadn't thought of that but it does just say Pajero.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 26-12-18

Howdy Y'all

I've been the proud new owner of a 2012 NW platinum for two days now.
But of an off topic question.

From reading through here I gather the standard tank runs on the drivers side fwd to after.
Looks as though I've got a tank just in front of the rear bar, doesn't look aftermarket. Would anyone know if this is standard fitment?
With two tanks are they joined or would there likely be a switch I haven't found yet to switch between tanks?
Cheers
Old 26-12-18
Valued Member

No 2007+ Pajero’s came with 2 tanks as standard. All aftermarket tanks just pump into the main tank, switch is usually on the dash somewhere possibly with a little fuel gauge.
Old 26-12-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG39 View Post
Howdy Y'all

From reading through here I gather the standard tank runs on the drivers side fwd to after.
Looks as though I've got a tank just in front of the rear bar, doesn't look aftermarket. Would anyone know if this is standard fitment?
With two tanks are they joined or would there likely be a switch I haven't found yet to switch between tanks?
Cheers
Are you sure itís not just the tub under the third row/boot area? (Would normally house the third row seats when theyíre folded away)
The paj does not have a factory aux tank option therefore if there is one it would definitely be aftermarket.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 26-12-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG39 View Post
Howdy Y'all

Cheers

Maybe the bulge you are looking at is the rear Air Conditioner? That sits behind the rear R wheel and of course forward of the rear bumper bar.
Old 27-12-18

Cheers for that, feeling pretty stupid now, it probably is the bulge that houses the seats
Old 07-01-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_schomacker View Post
Hey guys

Has anyone come across any issues with these tanks now that theyíve had them for a while?

Iím starting to look into fuel options ahead of a Simpson trip next year, and while Iíve got jerrys I can take storage space is not likely to be my friend there (2A+2c under 5 in car).

Cheers
Ant
I have had mine for over 18 months now witbout any problems. This includes a trip down the QAA line and the Hay River track. Looking forward to the extra distance I get when I do my Central Australia trip this year.