Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 14-12-18
Valued Member

Hope these help.

I may have the fitting instruction somewhere, If required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2280.jpg (11.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2281.jpg (6.2 KB, 38 views)
MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.
Old 14-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hope these help.

I may have the fitting instruction somewhere, If required.
Thanks Phil!

If possible to PM the fitting instructions thatíd be awesome. Iím namely after the diagram of all the pipe work.

Thanks heaps!

Cheers

Bennie
Old 14-12-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Fitting instructions can be downloaded from LRA. There are no diagrams, only words.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 14-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
Fitting instructions can be downloaded from LRA. There are no diagrams, only words.
Thatís frustrating, the instructions reference a diagram of the pipe work.

Cheers

Bennie
Old 22-12-18

This is the rear rhs mount that Iím after details about. It seems like a weak option to just fit a rivnut into the sheet metal above this mount and call it good:

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/772/GYc31v.jpg

Am I missing a bracket in here? Itís the 80L tank, no rear AC.

Iíve seen an almost identical NP in benders but it was moving and I doubt Iíll see it again anytime soon. It was a GLX with the drop tank, so would be ideal to compare with!

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Bennie

Edit by admin: please don't insert large images; some browsers don't handle them well.
Old 22-12-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Yes. there is a bracket that bolts to the vehicle. That RHS bracket has a bolt that protrudes down and mates with the welded tab on the tank in your picture. Just a tip, resize your pic before posting...rather frustrating having to scroll the screen up and down to see the contents of your pic.

Also note, a front mount bracket is also required. And if you have a 5 seater or no 3rd row seat hoops, you will require additional floor reinforcing plates - don't ask me how I know

you could call LRA direct for all your enquiries. You will need to call them for your brackets anyhow.

Attached: a pic of the left and right rear brackets required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LRA mounts.jpg (88.3 KB, 19 views)

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 22-12-18
Valued Member

Various posts on this thread:

https://www.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=58842&page=3

and on this thread:

https://pajeroclub.com.au/forum/show...=53643&page=10

tell the often sad stories of Sharkcaver and me with respect to both the rear and forward fixings for the 81L LRA tank.

With the revised (gusseted) rear fixings and the addition of load-sharing reinforcing plates for the front fixings, I have not had further issues, including on a pretty testing trip through Arnhem Land earlier this year. However the shadow of nj swb's comment on the lack of flex inherent in the 4 mounting points system still hovers, and I check the mounts very frequently.

As Shane advises, speak to LRA about exactly what you need to do to ensure reliability of your installation.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 22-12-18

Thanks sharkcaver!

That explains it perfectly! Iíve got the other two mounts, this one was the mystery.

Sorry about the pics. Iíve uploaded them from my phone but havenít worked out how to downsize them yet. Then Iím fooled into thinking itís all good as my phone displays all of my pics properly.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Iíll have to jump on the computer and get the downsized images sorted.

Tank is currently dummy fitted and Iím confident that I know what I need to do in the plumbing department

Cheers

Bennie