Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 25-09-18

Default Rear Door Trim Removal

I am trying to install a rear vision camera and need to remove the rear door trim to run the necessary wiring from the number plate area. By the absence of screws I assume the trim is held on by Christmas tree plugs but I don't want to force and break anything. Can anyone tell me how best to remove this trim? Any advice much appreciated.
Old 25-09-18
Valued Member

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...e/index_M1.htm

Have a look at link above, on line tech manual found in the Do it Yourself section of this forum. Section 52a Interior, then look at trims. Pics of screw and clip locations.

Keep this tech manual for future reference bud.

You remove the lower black section first and there are 2 screws behind the hinged down section and 2 screws holding the handle. The rest are the press in clips around the outside of the whole trim peice.

Also do a google search for pajero ns rear door trim removal or install rear camera may bring up some posts with good info. Example below.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=11126&page=5

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Last edited by aussieintas; 25-09-18 at 04:46 PM.
Old 26-09-18
Valued Member

Important note here. Before you remove the trim, it is a good idea to leave the car in the sun a while to soften the plastic so that you do not crack the trim etc. Or, heat it up with a hair dryer as you go along.
Old 16-10-18

Success and easier than I expected. Steps are:
1- Remove drop down plastic mini storage area cover thingy (it just unclips from the bottom)
2- unscrew 2 screws so revealed
3- starting at top left hand corner, using a large flat head screwdriver gently prise door trim away from very top left xmas tree plug
4- working clockwise, prise plugs away. They are spaced about every 100mm or so.
5- Hey presto, success. Check to see if any plastic plugs are still in the rear door and did not come away with the trim. If so, remove them and reattach them to the trim before refitting the trim.
6- If I can do it, anyone can. (Actually I got my son to do it, but you get my drift).
Old 16-10-18

Forgot about the 2 screws holding the handle. They need removing too.