Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 09-10-18
Valued Member

Default Travall Cargo Barrier - any installed photos please?

Considering one of these bad boys rather than a Milford as I had in my NP. Anybody installed it? I ask as the install guide suggests the vertical rod connects to the cargo tie-down loop closest to the rear seats, but the photos on the website suggests it goes to the cargo tie-down closest to the rear door.

Photos would be appreciated. Or even just general feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-18
Valued Member

Nobody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-18
Valued Member

When you delve further into their website for that guard you will find the message

" Please Note: As this product has not yet been tested to Australian Standard 4034.2:2008 it is not suitable for the restraint of heavy cargo."
https://www.travall.com.au/mitsubish...cPath=574_603&

Also from the look of it, it doesn't use the mounting points that are recommended by other manufacturers either.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 11-10-18

Looks pretty light duty, the tie downs in a Pajero aren't very substantial, perhaps ok to keep the dogs in the back and protect the occupants from parcels and shopping. Depends on what you want to protect against and possibly use the barrier for eg mount a fire extinguisher, aux battery/inverter/charger/battery management panel in rear.