• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turorit
    • Oct 2016
    • Adelaide

Grabbed a rear bag, seems good
    I had a look at a 4wdsupacentre Kings bag at the stockist last week, seemed a bit average but would probably do the job.

I was tempted to grab the neoprene seat covers but wasn't sure if they'd fit around/past/behind the armrest on the Gen2 seats. My $15 kmart covers will do for now!

Every week I tell myself 'no more buying 4wd accessories', it doesn't seem to be working
    2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
    --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Aldi in Ferntree Gully (Melb) had plenty of stock of all the stuff including gear bags and winches.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• gemster
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
        I was tempted to grab the neoprene seat covers but wasn't sure if they'd fit around/past/behind the armrest on the Gen2 seats. My $15 kmart covers will do for now!
        With a bit of a snip here and there, they do fit.... But I wouldn't like to try it on the Neoprene ones tho...
        I have been to 4 Aldi's up here and no gear bags... Might have to wait till next year for that purchase...

Gemster....
        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• MELONHEAD
          • Apr 2010
          • Curlewis NSW

I fitted the ALDI awning today to the father in laws Kia Carnival. Once again I am very impressed. Looks and functions identically to my Adventure Kings awning. I returned my roof racks today and had a look for a dirty gear bag for you Gemster but they had none. They did have a winch left though.
          2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
          1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• sharkcaver
            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Although the sale was on Saturday, I had opportunity to go in today. They still had some bits left. I grabbed the last set of canvas (TYPE) seat covers. Wish I had opened the packet first. Canvas (type) my arse. More like a thin nylon. Anyone in Perth want a set?

Also they had a few recovery boards. Stuff me, how wide are they?
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

Big enough to have a surf on Sharkcaver....

Thanks for thinking of me MELLONHEAD...Still got a couple of stores to check....
              My local store got 6 winches in and they still have 5 left..
              Gemster....
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• Alyosius
                • Nov 2016
                • NSW

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                Wish I had opened the packet first. Canvas (type) my arse. More like a thin nylon. Anyone in Perth want a set?
                Best thing about Aldi special buys, no questions returns policy, if you don't like them, just take them back.

I got both the 2 seat and the bench seat versions of the seat covers (hopefully the bench seat ones will fit the middle row) and the floor mats. I thought that one pack of seat covers would do both front and middle rows, but hey if I don't like them, we can just return them.

For the price though the floor mats seem pretty good and don't seem to move very much.
                2010 GLX NT
                Installed: Carjoying Headunit, Hayman Reese electric brake controllers, awning, dual battery, Bushskinz guards
                Awaiting installation: Rear camera, USB power outlets
                Planned:

Comment

• TheBetrayer
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Corryong

Hi Guys, How have the people that bought the aldi recovery tracks mounted to the roof racks securely so they don't get knicked? Thanks

Comment

• rykiel575
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Sydney

6+ winches at Aldi Greenacre.
                    3+ winches at Aldi Bonnyrig.
                    Bonnyrig also had the steel roof trays for $70 down from $100.
                    5+ winches at Aldi Villawood and heaps of trays.
                    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Flying
                      • Jul 2016
                      • Sydney

More 4x4 gear at aldi right now, small led light bar, recovery tracks etc... anyone used their king swag or 4wd mattress?
                      White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

But No Winches this year...

Gemster....

Comment

• dhula
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • South of Perth

Originally posted by Flying View Post
                          More 4x4 gear at aldi right now, small led light bar, recovery tracks etc... anyone used their king swag or 4wd mattress?
                          We picked up 2 of the swags a week or so ago along with a set of canvas seat covers.
                          Haven't used the swags yet and they are for the kids but they seam fairly good quality for the price you pay.
                          The foam mattress is not the fattest out there and seams soft in density but when on flat ground/back yard it seams cumfy enough for my fat arse and no worse than my $250+ swag that is almost 20 years old

We set them up in the back yard and saturated them with full on hose pressure and no water got in.
                          Do watch out for the foot end bow being a little too long causing a little bit of trouble putting it into the swag properly. I ended up filing a couple of mm off each end and it's much easier to use.
                          Last edited by dhula; 22-09-18, 11:28 AM. Reason: Speeling mistakes
                          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Glenne79
                            • Aug 2018
                            • NSW

I bought the neoprene seat covers which are pretty good.
                            Also bought the chairs which are great.
                            Bought the 4wd mattress but returned it as it wasn't really supportive for an adult, would have been ok for kids.
                            NX GLX 2016 MY17: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Redarc tow pro elite | Cooper AT3 LT 265/60R18 | Munji EGR | Provent 200 Catch Can | Traction Control Mod | Boos Rear Bumper | Boos Underbody Protection | MM4X4 Automate...

Comment

• Flying
                              • Jul 2016
                              • Sydney

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give the swags a miss

Anyone got their awning? Just saw a few reduced to 80 bucks.. surely you can't go wrong?
                              White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X