Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 23-05-18
Valued Member

I know there is some sort of processing or production facility at Wyong, it quite a large place. To the extent of what it does I do not know.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 23-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwpajero View Post
The way I see this situation as per the thread title is this. Berrima Diesel posted a YouTube clip pointing out that Donaldson filters have a quality issue. And people can make up their own mind on the matter but the video could harm Donaldson's reputation. Although having things made in Mexico is not what Donald "The Trump" wants. Donaldson Australia replied with a pretty standard response. I reckon the actual facts of the matter are somewhere between what is shown in the video and the PR reply.

James

Show me which company doesn't have a quality control issue. Yep even Berrima Diesel.
Old 23-05-18
Valued Member

Had a look at my latest Donaldson filter kit.

All filters are manufactured in Indonesia.

Donaldson are an international company so it is reasonable for filters to be sourced from around the world at a competitive price.

My take on the Berrima clip is that is is scare mongering. As Bruce stated in original response they stand by their claim of 3 micron 99%. ( or words to that effect)

Anyway I'm off to NT and WA in a few days time for around 3 months.

Hill
Old 23-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post
Had a look at my latest Donaldson filter kit.

All filters are manufactured in Indonesia.

Donaldson are an international company so it is reasonable for filters to be sourced from around the world at a competitive price.

My take on the Berrima clip is that is is scare mongering. As Bruce stated in original response they stand by their claim of 3 micron 99%. ( or words to that effect)

Anyway I'm off to NT and WA in a few days time for around 3 months.

Hill

Hope your Donaldson doesnt fill with paint and seize up....lol Enjoy the trip
Old 23-05-18
Valued Member

Thanks Dicko.

I must take you up on your offer of a beer one of these days. Savannah way will make a great Adelaide winter escape.

Hill
Old 24-05-18
Valued Member

Where are all complaints from people that have used these Donaldson Filters? Where is the evidence that the "PR" spiel is is just that? Donaldson claim that the paint is on the unfiltered side of the system, are they wrong?

My only association with Donaldson is that I buy their filters, and I have no complaints.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 25-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Thanks Dicko.

I must take you up on your offer of a beer one of these days. Savannah way will make a great Adelaide winter escape.

Hill

Actually I am in the process of trying to organise and work out a plan for a Savannah way trip next year to Lorella Springs. Probably August. I,ve traveled and worked around the Borroloola area so thought a return visit may be in order. Might see if anyone else is interested. Maybe a Paj meet in an area that would suit most. Lorella Springs has it all....fishing, 4wd tracks, swimming holes, remote or community camping, etc.etc.....

Old 25-05-18
Valued Member

Dicko
Great idea. Perhaps a new thread when info available.

Hill
Old 25-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Dicko
Great idea. Perhaps a new thread when info available.

Hill

Will look at a trip for next August 2019. Not too hot but good for swimming and fishing. Wet season wont start till early Oct. So southeners wont be hit with the build up. School holidays to cater for families. Lorella Springs has something for everyone.