Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 19-01-09

Default Bleeding diesel system

Whats the best way to bleed the system, especially after taking the metal fuel lines off between pump and injectors re head gasket replacement??

91 NH 2.5TD Import soft top
Old 20-01-09
Valued Member

Replace all lines and leave the lines loose on the injector end, crank engine over once fuel has started to dribble out tighten the lines up
Note: the primer pump on the filter head is only good to remove air from the low pressure side of the pump
Muzza
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 20-01-09
Valued Member

have all pipes connected to the Pump and undo all pipes that go to the injectors, now turn over the engine for atleast 30 seconds, now do up all injector pipes and start the engine then one by one bleed each injector pipe .
NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.
Old 20-01-09

Thanks for the replies - got it sorted.
Old 03-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
have all pipes connected to the Pump and undo all pipes that go to the injectors, now turn over the engine for atleast 30 seconds, now do up all injector pipes and start the engine then one by one bleed each injector pipe .
Hi guys, I'll be doing this tomorrow as I want to do the manifold clean. After reading your post Dolphin I'm a bit confused. After running the engine for 30 seconds and then doing up the lines at the injector side, I'll start the engine again and how do I bleed one by one then? Loosening up again one by one and then doing them up?

Also, lots of people deter me taking the lines off as dirt or some particles can get in and block the injectors. What's the best way, if any, to avoid that?

Cheers

Last edited by Michal; 03-05-18 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
Hi guys, I'll be doing this tomorrow as I want to do the manifold clean. After reading your post Dolphin I'm a bit confused. After running the engine for 30 seconds and then doing up the lines at the injector side, I'll start the engine again and how do I bleed one by one then? Loosening up again one by one and then doing them up?

Also, lots of people deter me taking the lines off as dirt or some particles can get in and block the injectors. What's the best way, if any, to avoid that?

Cheers
After the initial bleed with the lines loose if the engine starts after tightening them there is no need to do any more bleeding any air left will be purged.
With removing injector lines the utmost cleanliness is important, cover the open ends with something, even some plastic film like gladwrap held on with a rubber band.
Good luck
Peter

Last edited by Morville; 04-05-18 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morville View Post
After the initial bleed with the lines loose if the engine starts after tightening them there is no need to do any more bleeding any air left will be purged.
With removing injector lines the utmost cleanliness is important, cover the open ends with something, even some plastic film like gladwrap held on with a rubber band.
Good luck
Peter
Thanks Peter. All done, she lives again