Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 25-02-17

Default NS Injector Pumps

I sold my 2007 NS with 300 000km on it after seven years to my father. He doesn't do many kms and is now up to 320 000km. I had it dealer serviced for my 300 000km
I don't think Mitsubishi would have warranted to 120 000km if they typically only last to 150 000km as claimed by your service mob.
I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusion about your "service mob's " knowledge and or integrity !
Old 25-02-17

I have 310,000Km on my NS. They have never been touched. Fuel economy hovers between 11 and 13L per 100km. Never added anything to the fuel. If you just had your SCV replaced, Did they do an injector relearn after? After I replaced my SCV economy went down to 13-15L per 100km. Back to 11-13 after relearn.

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST
Old 30-03-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpaje View Post
Wondering if anyone has advice / experience in the expected lifespan of diesel injectors.
I have the NS 3.2 DID and been advised by a service mob (dont want to give out names) , that about 150k is usually about it. Mine has now done 159k has poor fuel economy but otherwise fine ( now that ive had the scv replaced).
The engine is making a bit of noise which they claim is a sign they are on the way out. $3500 fitted to replace.
Your views would be welcomed☺
Backpaje
My previous 4WD, a Toyota 4Runner, was still running well on its original injectors at nearly 500,000km. My Pajero has only done 100,000km so far so....

David
Old 30-03-18

We have around 268000kms on our pajero and haven't had problems with injectors. I have run the liqui moly diesel purge plus through at around 200,000kms. I had the return line running into a clear container and couldn't notice much colour change compared to some videos that I have seen when doing it. So Im guessing that part of them or inside to rail was relatively clean.
I also have run 200:1 mixes of 2 stroke oil in the fuel in the past, but not all of the time.
The mechanic may have been referring to some other brands that have had injector and injector seal problems.
Cheers Ben
2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers
Old 30-03-18
Valued Member

While ruminating over Kiwi1973's injection pump failure, I came across diagrams that showed a replaceable filter/screen at the inlet to some brands of injectors.

Does Mitsubishi (Denso?) incorporate such filters, and if so, how good would they be at protecting against foreign matter ?
Or would they just stop the 'nuts and bolts' from getting through ?