• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorazr
    • Aug 2018
    • Adelaide

Clarion ARX3371 replacement

I have been fixing up an old 1998 NL Pajero Gls which has a 6 stacker CD unit under the passenger seat. The clarion arx3371 radio that is connected to it has a few issues in that only one led works behind the right hand switches and you cannot see anything on the display. All the buttons work and the radio turns on ok. Problem is you can’t see what stations etc are playing. I would like to replace the head unit with something compatable with the stacker but I don’t really know what I am looking for. Can anyone assist me in either 1. Perhaps knowing what is wrong with the removable face and it lack of illumination and a fix for it or 2. Suggest a suitable replacement for the radio which is compatable with the stacker.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Hello motorazr, welcome to the forum.

I can't really help with the problems with your Clarion, or a suitably compatible replacement, but I do have an Alpine head unit with 6 stacker unit that was in my NJ when I bought it. Well, the head unit was in the Paj, and I found the 6 stacker almost by accident.

It was working fine, I pulled it out to install something with Bluetooth. If you're interested, I'll hook it up to see if it still works, and we could organise a time you could look at it?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• arrow
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2007

We had the same issue in two vehicles with the same radio. We got onto Clarion down in Braeside, Victoria, and they had exchange units at the time. Can’t remember the exact costs but it wasn’t outrageous.
      We live nearby so dropping in wasn’t a problem, not sure how you’ll go from SA. Worth a try, though as it’d save a bit of work swapping things out.

Comment

• aussieintas
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2013
        • Sorell, Tasmania

Personally I'd replace headunit with new Bluetooth unit and do away with cd stacker. You can pick up reasonable new unit for $200 or so mate.
        2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
        99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• motorazr
          • Aug 2018
          • Adelaide

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. NJ swb, thanks for the offer I am interested and will pm you.

Comment

• motorazr
            • Aug 2018
            • Adelaide

Sent an email to clarion and got a pretty quick response. They would want the whole unit to test with a fee of $120 including freight to repair it. Not too bad I suppose but by the time I freight it over and associated costs it probably would be better to buy a new unit. Funnily enough I was just down in the shed and found a jvc unit, that one of the kids must have taken out of their cars when they were living at home,and it has a connection for a stacker. Doesn’t look a cheap unit either with Bluetooth and USB also.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X