• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rishadfromoz
    • Dec 2011
    • Sydney

Foxwing Awning

Hi,

So I was quoted $849 from local roof rack shop in Sydney for the Oztent / Rhino Foxwing Awning. Upon doing some internet checking I found out that these are now selling on ebay from around $599. Pretty big saving. I ordered one off ebay and it arrived yesterday!

It seems to be that Rhino are no longer selling the Foxwing and perhaps they have dumped a few to various suppliers. There may have been some falling out between Rhino and Oztent - not sure.

thanks,
    Rishad
  • artuo
    • Sep 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

i believe they are about to release a new version with built in poles and a few other tweaks. They had a sneak peak on instagram before christmas.
    MY14 NW VRX Graphite DiD, ARB Deluxe CC'd Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, DIY rear shelf, Autosafe half cargo barrier, GME TX3540S radio, Rhino Pioneer plaform with bits, Foxwing awning, Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates, Dual Battery with Redarc BCDC1225LV, Bilstein/Lovells HD suspension, LRA Aux Tank

In Tow; Explorer Lawson camper trailer

Comment

• mwheels
      • Oct 2007

Yea fitted the Bat Wing (the new version) over the weekend very happy with it will see how it stand the test of time, the fact that it is all contained in one spot including legs, pegs and ropes and it is quick to put up and packs away, very simply is a winner with me.

Comment

• Peterng
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Northern Rivers NSW

I have been researching these 270 awnings for a while, I was quiet impressed with the updated version of the Rhino Rack 270 awning..
        The Youtube video did a reasonable job on explaining the new version and the new extras, such as the poles being attached to the lateral awning struts..and the rare earth magnetics which are used to help centre the struts back into the holder whilst you are packing away the awning was a nice extra.
        I hope there will be a Users Review of this product in the forum soon.

Comment

• caroma
          • May 2012
          • WA - Pilbara

Am thinking of upgrading my Foxwing to a Batwing. Geez they aren’t getting any cheaper though hey.
          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
            I have been researching these 270 awnings for a while, I was quiet impressed with the updated version of the Rhino Rack 270 awning..
            The Youtube video did a reasonable job on explaining the new version and the new extras, such as the poles being attached to the lateral awning struts..and the rare earth magnetics which are used to help centre the struts back into the holder whilst you are packing away the awning was a nice extra.
            I hope there will be a Users Review of this product in the forum soon.
            not a user but all the info here(a bit of a sales pitch too)
            tempted to get this one over my exiting eco foxwing
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X