• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Also added a company that rebuilds them in SA.
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Poita View Post
      How does one go about getting trade price????

Sometimes just asking for it works. If not, try using a mate's ABN.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Poita
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        Sometimes just asking for it works. If not, try using a mate's ABN.
        I have an ABN, is it that easy??? It's for an electronics company though...
        NW VRX MY2013
        Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Poita View Post
          I have an ABN, is it that easy??? It's for an electronics company though...
          Give it a try - nothing to lose but the cost of a phone call or 3.

Not giving tax advice, but if the car is used in your business & it is registered for GST, you may get the GST back on your BAS - check with your tax adviser.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Poita
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2010
            • Adelaide

Nah can't claim it on tax, though that would be nice!!

For $4200, that's cheaper than a rebuilt one and it would come with all new sensors as well...
            NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• BBP
              • Oct 2007
              • Canberra

I have often got trade just by asking. I always seem to be given both prices and its obvious that I am not in the trade. Not sure what the warranty would be on a new one. Probably depend on where and who put it in I guess.

Comment

• Trojan
                • Jan 2013
                • Coconuts

Thought I'd include some up to date experience with pump replacement. Please be aware that I live 100klms South of Cairns so don't have a lot of options that are feasible for repair if I want the truck back before Christmas.

Lismore Diesel wanted $4,400 for a reconditioned pump that they would send to me as well as requiring me to freight the existing pump back to them. Quite a hike on previous refurb. prices posted here. The vehicle starts and runs fine except for bogging down badly while under load (Code 43 - Timing Control Valve on the pump). Not safe at all when overtaking.

I rang a Mitsubishi Dealer south of here and was quoted a trade price of $4,802.99 for a brand spanker with all new sensors ex. Brisbane in three days.

Not a lot of thinking required for the decision I'm going to make. Considering that it has 292k on the odometer and the history of these failures I can't see much point in messing around with too much more troubleshooting.

I also have a 2017 NX (dpf model, luckily on lease). I am much happier with the NP which seems to have a much more substantial feel to it. It won't be leaving my ownership soon and I'm OK with spending the cash on it if warranted. I'd be happy with another 300k out of it.

FYI I have a regular, 95% highway, commute to work in Cairns of just over 100klms. The NP returns around 8.5/l per 100km. The NX is lucky to get 12. Lucky diesel cost is included in the lease.
                Last edited by Trojan; 03-12-18, 09:39 PM.
                Troy
                04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
                17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

• Poita
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • Adelaide

I found the same when I did mine recently. Rebuild pumps are pretty much on par with a brand new one, so I went the brand new route.

I have no idea how you are getting that fuel economy! Mine sits at around 14l/100km around town, 11 at best on the highway.
                  NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• Trojan
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Coconuts

Pump is in and it goes like a scalded cat. Had service, intake manifold clean and valve adjustment as well. All up around $7.2K.

I'll have a look at the old pump, when I get some enthusiasm, to test sensor resistances against what they should be. Had enough of it at the moment.

As advised, my driving is 95% highway on cruise control. I can make it chew more if I want to.
                    Troy
                    04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
                      I'll have a look at the old pump, when I get some enthusiasm, to test sensor resistances against what they should be. Had enough of it at the moment.
                      Same,same. Mines been in the garage for the last 2.5 years and I doubt I'll ever get that enthusiasm. Best I just put it in the sims bin.
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Trojan
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Coconuts

No swarf in my f'er. Might see if the dudes that make the cash out of reconditioning them want it. I'll make them pay for freight if they do.

I'm interested in possibly getting a bit more info about why some of these deisel pump fault codes are being generated. Mine was not typical of what has been reported here in OZ (48), but has multiple reports in Sth Africa (43). I've got part numbers and resistance values for all of the ancillaries, but I'd need another NP to test it in if I swapped them out. At this mileage it is probably pointless, but still interesting.

Missing yours?
                        Troy

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X