• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhjm
    • Jan 2016
    • United Kingdom

Bull Bar compatibility NP - N*

Good morning guys,
    Does anyone knows here, if I can fit a Bullbar from a nm or a ns to a np pajero or even vice versa? Like arb bull bars etc.
    And does this apply for a tow bar / tow hook?
    I really appreciate your experience !
  • basil
    • Apr 2012
    • Gembrook

I have fitted a nm to np but there are subtle differences.
    The np mounts for the bullbar are slightly different as the washer bottle res is different on the nm to the np even though the caps program says it is the same. The nm bottle has a protrusion on the top which wants to lift the bar up a fraction.

You can fit the mounts but you will have to elongate the bolt holes in the bar slightly to get it to fit and line up with the inside of the wheel arch.
    You might say that the bar from the nm with the nm mount would sit too far back and there is a 10 to 15mm difference, which makes the bar sit inside the wheel arch by the above amount.

Also it sits a few mm higher and will be such a neat fit sitting under the front grill that it almost rubs on it.

If you don't mind die grinding the holes a little then no worries, you will get it lined up, but there are subtle differences.

Cheers,

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

NS and later Pajeros had different headlights, and the bars were slightly different. You could probably fit a later model bar to the earlier models. Regarding towbars, I think they were the same all the way through the range, except later models have a special wiring harness.

Comment

• smwhiskey
        • Feb 2012
        • Brisbane

Isn't there an issue putting non-airbag compliant bull bars on Pajeros with airbags?

Simon
        2003 NP DID Exceed with a bit of lift and a hunk of steel on the front with some stuff hanging off it

Comment

• conquistador
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • sth east queensland

The front guard and bumper interface on the gen3 was a straight edge. Nice and easy.

On the Gen 4 the bumper and guard join on an angle below the headlight meaning after market bull bars typically require that some part of the front fenders /wheel arch surround to be cut to retain the bit under the headlight.

I believe the attachment points are subtely different.

Bull bar manufacturers must be tearing their hair out at the complex front end treatment on the current flock of offroaders.

Comment

• Doely
            • Feb 2016
            • newcastle

Hi everyone, my first post, but been an onlooker for many years... I currently have a NP pajero and was fortunate enough to source an ARB winch bar for it... Im considering a very tidy NS platinum and was hoping that the NP bar might fit the NS????

Thanks.

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Doely

NP would probably not bolt straight on to an NS, havi g different mount points etc.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• HomerJ
                • Jul 2009
                • Warrnambool, Vic

I put an ARB bullbar on my NP last year. There was a sticker inside the beam that said it fitted NM, NP and of all things NX, but nothing in between those models. I'm not convinced it would go on an NX though.

It bolted straight up to my car, but I don't know if any holes would need to be modified on other models.

Comment

• Doely
                  • Feb 2016
                  • newcastle

Thanks for the replys. Looking at them both, I reckon it could be done. the front where the bar mounts to is exactly the same, just different light arrangement.... if i go down that route ill let you know if its compatible.... but as my NP will go up for sale, all the 'fruit' on it might get me a few extra dollars for a new bar for my NS.... Thanks again

Comment

• TQ20
                    • Jul 2015
                    • Dardanup WA

i can get a neat NM bullbar for my NP but it doesn't come with any brackets, are they a problem to source or make myself, any one have any pictures of the brackets and how they bolt on
                    it wasn't me , prove it

Comment

• vait_m
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Melbourne

I fitter a NS ARB bullbar to my NP. Pretty much straight forward bolt on there is a noticable gab between the headlight and top of the bullbar but have a mate laser cutting me some stainless chequre plate to cover the gap and act as non slip steping point. Also there is about a 1cm offset from the wheel arch to the bullbar nothing too bad.

Comment

• El_Freddo
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Bridgewater, Vic

Originally posted by vait_m View Post
                        I fitter a NS ARB bullbar to my NP. Pretty much straight forward bolt on there is a noticable gab between the headlight and top of the bullbar but have a mate laser cutting me some stainless chequre plate to cover the gap and act as non slip steping point. Also there is about a 1cm offset from the wheel arch to the bullbar nothing too bad.
                        Got any pics of the setup?

Cheers

Bennie
                        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• CATs 4x4
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Centurion South Africa

Originally posted by vait_m View Post
                          I tried it the other way round. I wanted to fit my old NM ARB bar on my newer NT and it did not fit because of that exact "gap" that you mention. The brackets worked perfectly on mine, but the bumper sat too high and headlights was thus in the way.

So I can confirm it does not fit the other way round i.e. Gen 3 to Gen4.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
                          2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                          (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                          2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                          2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X