• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grhyso
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Perth

I bought a pair of 25mm side lock latches for about $6 at masters and used the ties as they came for now. Worked great the other night first time out. This will do the job till I find someone who can sew the webbing strap on.

Personally I'd prefer a zip on top rather the velcro, it's hard to get it to stick when the bag is empty as you have nothing to push against.

other than that the bin worked fantastic!
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by nayala View Post
      I tied the line across each other on my snowy trip, 400 km no drama on black top
      Yeah large corrugations is what caused issues
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Pusspuss5
        • Aug 2014
        • Thomastown, Victoria

pm sent for 2
        2014 NW VRX Di-D Auto 3.2 Cool Silver, SPVi MK3.1, IC/Sump Bushskinz, Internal LEDs, Donaldson aux filter kit #P903316, ScanGauge 11, GME TX3100 compact PnP CB radio, NW Foot rest, Mini 0806 dash-cam, Twin 6B&S Power to the rear, Century N70ZZLX MF battery

Comment

• Georgie
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2013
          • Secret Harbour WA

Hi All
          Whilst in Bali last week I got Dolly to make up three saddle bags for me one set for the Paj one set for the off road van and one for my mate I had him put the plastic clips on the tie straps which seem to work ok however I did find that the strap at the rear of the bag was a tad short so any one who has larger circumference tyres may have trouble doing them up they may not be as strong or as durable as the PVC bags that I had made up but other than that they look like they will do the job and the price is good
          Cheers
          Georgie
          2015 Sahara
          Black Mica in colour
          BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• nayala
            • Mar 2013
            • western victoria

That is my worry cos he doesnt have the exact measurement.
            Cheers
            Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

I've just covered 1700kms with about 200kms of rough stuff on Murchison House station. I fitted a couple of oversize clips to the existing straps, but will eventually replace the straps with thicker ones. The bags never moved and do the job well. A couple of minor mods, like strap clips and zips for the bags instead of Velcro and they'd be awesome!
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sootyNT
                • Oct 2014
                • Surrey Downs

PM Sent
                2011 NT Pajero Platinum.

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

I bought a couple of camlock straps from Bunnings today and the Missus sewed them onto the bag. Much easier now to tighten it in place. Was only about $5.00 for a pair of 1m x 25mm cam style straps and took the missus 5 minutes on the machine.
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                    I bought a couple of camlock straps from Bunnings today and the Missus sewed them onto the bag. Much easier now to tighten it in place. Was only about $5.00 for a pair of 1m x 25mm cam style straps and took the missus 5 minutes on the machine.
                    True, Cam lock straps! Never thought of that. That's what I'll do. They'd be perfect for the job. Good idea
                    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                      • Jul 2014
                      • Adelaide

Has anyone from the second batch of orders received theirs yet.
                      It must be close

Cheers
                      John

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Any chance of a photo or two Steve. I know I will be modifying mine to the same standard as you.

Cheers
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• stevemc181
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                          Any chance of a photo or two Steve. I know I will be modifying mine to the same standard as you.

Cheers
                          I'll grab a pic when I get home tonight, I'd probably go for a longer strap and cut it to size, as the 1 Metre ones are just a little short and fiddly to get started through the buckle. Depending on how far you sew them back onto the bag.

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

I'll grab a pic when I get home tonight, I'd probably go for a longer strap and cut it to size, as the 1 Metre ones are just a little short and fiddly to get started through the buckle. Depending on how far you sew them back onto the bag.

Thanx
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nayala
                              • Mar 2013
                              • western victoria

Originally posted by letsgoplaces View Post
                              Has anyone from the second batch of orders received theirs yet.
                              It must be close

Cheers
                              John
                              should be this week, except Waiting Awhile states
                              Cheers
                              Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• stevemc181
                                Valued Member
                                • Sep 2012
                                • Thornlie/Perth

Not the best pics of my strap mods, but you'll get the idea. I just cut the old straps off and stitched the new ones on.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X