• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pasniny
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
    Hmmm I did maybe 50 presses, didn't seem to get a whole lot firmer. Thought I could smell a bit of diesel. No joy when I tried it straight after.
    50 presses it should be hard very hard
    Almost not been able to push it any more

You may have a leak somewhere chk for leaks are filter and pump

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Shouldn't be, system has been in there for a month or so now and the car is starting, it's just stalling out within a couple seconds. Reckon SCV at less than 10,000kms? That'd be disappointing. Any way to tell?
      That was the wrong post but good to see the prices are matched to other sellers
      Last edited by Stoneman; 15-11-14, 08:13 PM.
      NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Lazarus
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Nothing to do with battery.
        Diesel engines actually can run without battery, just need to start with it.

In order to prime the fuel pump and bleed the air out you need to loosen the bolt (not much, just couple turns) on the primer. Start pumping until you have diesel flowing at the loosened bolt. Pump few more times and whilst pumping tighten the bolt.
        NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• Goodsy
          Who ya gunna call....
          • Dec 2010
          • Hervey Bay

Hmmm I did maybe 50 presses, didn't seem to get a whole lot firmer. Thought I could smell a bit of diesel. No joy when I tried it straight after.
          I ran out of diesel and after 20 pumps the primer was hard! Fuel system issue.

Any codes after the prime?
          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• TC.Barky
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2011
            • Melbourne

RACV guy reckons it's losing fuel pressure. Said nothing he could do, gonna get a tilt tray ride on Monday.

In other news, I tested the fuel rail pressure using a code I found here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...d.php?p=395792 (I'm hoping this code applies to the paj, got it off the challenger forum?). I have no idea what it should read but it's definitely going up and then slowly dropping after the stall. Starts at 0, goes to about 50 (I assume PSI here) and up to about 110 with my foot flat to the floor before it stalls and then slowly goes down.

Video coming.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, common rails should be up around several thousand PSI, so I dunno what its reading :/
            Last edited by TC.Barky; 15-11-14, 08:41 PM.
            MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
              I ran out of diesel and after 20 pumps the primer was hard! Fuel system issue.

Any codes after the prime?
              Nup nothing.
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

Could it potentially be the immobilizer? I've tried both keys.

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

RACV guy reckons it's losing fuel pressure. Said nothing he could do, gonna get a tilt tray ride on Monday.

In other news, I tested the fuel rail pressure using a code I found here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...d.php?p=395792 (I'm hoping this code applies to the paj, got it off the challenger forum?). I have no idea what it should read but it's definitely going up and then slowly dropping after the stall. Starts at 0, goes to about 50 (I assume PSI here) and up to about 110 with my foot flat to the floor before it stalls and then slowly goes down.

Video coming.
                  I just realised its a new bus

Hope it gets sorted for you
                  NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• TC.Barky
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                    I just realised its a new bus

Hope it gets sorted for you
                    Hahah I wondered if you thought I was talking about an old one. Na it's only 4 months or so old

Comment

• Lazarus
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Melbourne, Western suburbs

I hope everything is going to work out fine for you.
                      It's bad when something like this happens on a new car.
                      NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Melbourne

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is a video of what it's doing. First start (looking at the scangauge) is with me putting my foot down the second is without.

Comment

• Daniels
                          • Jul 2011
                          • Mackay

I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like the same thing that happened to my paj. I had accidentally dislodged a white plug behind the centre of the dash on the floor next to the drivers brake peddle. The car would start then stop every time. Once I pressed this plug tight again all was good. I dislodged it when I was putting my uhf behind there. Have you been fiddling behind the console?
                          2013 NW GLX-R Pajero ARB Bar, bushskinz guards, rallye 4000, light bar, dual battery

Comment

• P4J3R0
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Brisbane

Running yet?

Can you set scan gauge to show fuel pressure? Might have a big drop after starting causing the stall.
                            Or air pockets as mentioned earlier.
                            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                              Running yet?

Can you set scan gauge to show fuel pressure? Might have a big drop after starting causing the stall.
                              Or air pockets as mentioned earlier.
                              Nope, see video from a couple posts back.

I had a look for the plug, couldn't see anything? Is it behind the trim? I took the trim off that is held in by a phillips head screw down low on the drivers side and put it back on since I last drove it. Don't think I bumped anything, is it behind there?

Comment

• TC.Barky
                                Valued Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • Melbourne

Originally posted by Daniels View Post
                                I'm not 100% sure but it sounds like the same thing that happened to my paj. I had accidentally dislodged a white plug behind the centre of the dash on the floor next to the drivers brake peddle. The car would start then stop every time. Once I pressed this plug tight again all was good. I dislodged it when I was putting my uhf behind there. Have you been fiddling behind the console?
                                HOLY SHITBALLS. I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW.

Thankyou to all who contributed. Just saved me an embarrassing trip to the dealers. No idea how I managed that. All I did was take the panel off, wriggle the DCDC charger around to see if it was sitting firm, take this photo and then put the panel back on!

I even took a photo of the plug dislodged today!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X