• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Free camps Perth to Pilbara

Some free camps I've used. Get into the spirit of sharing you free camp spots for others and add to the thread

Lake Nallan, Cue: S27 15.492 E117 59.300
    lots of area to free camp, head towards the rear of the lake

Wanna Munna, 76km's north west of Newman: S23 06.582 E119 07.670
    small area about a kilometer from main highway down a dirt track. Has native rock carvings in the creek bed which I didn't get to see.

The Palms, 6km's south of Pardoo: S20 04.586 E119 46.449
    Nice little secluded spot not far off the highway. Track from highway heads south. Great spot if your not going to make Broome.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Gregory Gorge to the west of Millstream. Some outstanding 4wd to get there and a great spot to swin in the Fortescue River. It is away from the crowd but sshhh - don't tell anyone or the secret will be out.
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• Quinno
      • May 2008

Cane River is pretty cool too. It is north of Nunuturra.
      2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• Teake
        • Jan 2013
        • Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
        Some free camps I've used. Get into the spirit of sharing you free camp spots for others and add to the thread

Lake Nallan, Cue: S27 15.492 E117 59.300
        lots of area to free camp, head towards the rear of the lake

Wanna Munna, 76km's north west of Newman: S23 06.582 E119 07.670
        small area about a kilometer from main highway down a dirt track. Has native rock carvings in the creek bed which I didn't get to see.

The Palms, 6km's south of Pardoo: S20 04.586 E119 46.449
        Nice little secluded spot not far off the highway. Track from highway heads south. Great spot if your not going to make Broome.

This Post is long ago..

But something changed, at lake nallan is no free camping anymore
        Image Could Not Be FoundG'day all The inevitable has come at Nallan Lake, the powers to be have placed these signs on the road accessing what was once a nice place to stop and take a break on the road trip between Newman and Perth,...

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

No signage or issues camping there when I went through in July 2011, 12 months after that thread was started.
          Last edited by sharkcaver; 20-01-13, 10:32 AM.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Here and there

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
            Gregory Gorge to the west of Millstream. Some outstanding 4wd to get there and a great spot to swin in the Fortescue River. It is away from the crowd but sshhh - don't tell anyone or the secret will be out.
            Currently closed (last I heard back in Oct/Nov). According to a ranger at Millstream too many bogans (he used the term "people") have been doing burnouts on that white mound thingo sacred to the indigenous on the way in to Gregory's.

But yes, top spot!

Cliff Springs south of Karratha is good after a wet summer when it fills up more. Just need station owner permission, generally pretty good about it.

Am keen to check out Kalgan Pool up near Newman. Should be plenty of water there after this summer.
            Also Kangan Pool southeast of Roebourne. Need permission from the station though for access.
            '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
            Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X