• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cormac
    • Jul 2012
    • Sydney

BENDETHRA South Coast NSW

Hi guys

Am looking to head down to Bendethra over the long weekend, and was wondering if any one who has been there can indicate the overall difficulty of the trip, and severity of the river crossings?

cheers
    Cormac
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    1992 NH 3.0 Manual
    few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
    Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
    Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • brett
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

Haven't been there for a few years but if your coming in from Moruya it's an easy run, I've towed my camper in that way every time with no problems. The river crossing just before the main camping area was only about a foot deep, but I have seen pictures from last summer where it looked probably two or three feet deep, but it's a nice flat pebble base.
    There is no real difficult bits it's just quite steep and you'll need low range but the road surface is pretty good, no bad ruts or rough bits
    Last edited by brett; 14-09-12, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Cormac
      • Jul 2012
      • Sydney

cheers for the feedback
      Cormac
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      1992 NH 3.0 Manual
      few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
      Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
      Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
      ~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• awbeattie381
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Inner West, Sydney

Last time I was down that way it was pretty easy going. Good condition fire trails just really steep. Can get a little interesting in the wet though!!

Its a little bit more interesting exiting to the west. You should do that on your way home and stop in at the big sink hole!
        Andrew
        1989 NG Superwagon V6
        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• BBP
          • Oct 2007
          • Canberra

If you are towing then the parks service like you to go in via Moruya. To that end they have altered some of the steep parts on the Bendethra trail, where it was the most fun when wet. Apparently they don't want you towing coming in via Snowball or the other "tougher" fire trails. This is an attempt to reduce track damage. If dry soft roaders have no problem getting in.
          The river is not very deep most of the time. I have only been there once when it was coming over the bonnet on one crossing, and that was always the deepest one anyway.

I'll be down there myself over the school holidays. Great place to let the kids run about for a few days.

Oh yeah, national forest so BYO firewood. the rangers do visit on long weekends in my experience.

Rob

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X